• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

About CoventryCat86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill and I have had a few words in the past but we have mended fences...We got pretty nasty but have moved beyond all the hard feelings.

I'm glad Rod posted his reasons. You can't ban a "cornerstone" of this place without any explanation. Yep Bill is or was a cornerstone here like it or not. He did far more good here than bad. He deserved the respect of a public explanation.

This thread 'should' have been one post...and then a LOCK.

If you don't know why...

SNIP<<<
I find it funny that we say this is a community but then some say this is Rod's House. Which is it?
>>>SNIP

Looking at this from somewhere between Noob & FOG, I think it's a little of both. Normally it's a "self-policed" board, but every once in a while when things get outta hand, someone has to step in and lay the hammer down. That be Rod because end all do all, it's his IMHO.

Bill and I have done battle for several reasons on a few fronts. There are times I see and respect his reasoning (I may not agree with it though) and there are times when I think WTF??

Bill is gone from CP. I don't think that's going to change. There's no reason to "pile on" a man that's not here.

I don't think Rod was looking for pats on the back with this post. Someone requested he make his reasons known and he did.

If you're glad Bill's gone, take quiet pleasure in that fact if you take pleasure in things like that, but don't crap on the guy. It's not needed and it adds nothing to CP.

Bill is gone from CP. I don't think that's going to change. There's no reason to "pile on" a man that's not here.

I don't think Rod was looking for pats on the back with this post. Someone requested he make his reasons known and he did.

If you're glad Bill's gone, take quiet pleasure in that fact if you take pleasure in things like that, but don't crap on the guy. It's not needed and it adds nothing to CP.

Agreed :thumbs:

Amen brother! There are getting to be to many threads that are like watching a soap opera. People need to understand that sarcasm and things meant to be a joke may not be read that way. Think before you post :thumbs: It may not be interpreted as you want.

Very wise post. Let's hope people take time to read it, not just look at it.

I stand beside Bill. I know my opinion does not matter here but I have the same right to express it as any other member.

DG,

While I do respect you and your opinion, I must disagree with you. Let's be honest, Bill received far more chances than any other member ever has. This is not about what happened in the past, it's about what has transpired from '03-present. I don't buy into the "Bill is just Bill" type of thinking, I've heard that far too many times. We can also say "Newb's are just Newb's, they don't know how to follow the rules" too.

The core group at CP is the community as a whole. No one clique/group does 90% of the work, ever. This also isn't "Rod's site", this is the COMMUNITIES site. I don't have an ego that I need to stroke, I take no pleasure in banning anyone and I hate having to be the authoritative figure, however I will do what's best for the community. Not everyone will agree with me, and I understand that. My only goal is to do what's best for the community, period.

I'm not looking for kudo's or pats on the back nor do I need my ego stroked. Anyone who disagrees with how I handled this situation is entitled to their opinion, and if they feel this is no longer the right community for them, I highly advise they move on as I will not tolerate any childish behavior. CP will continue to run with accountibility in mind and everyone is expected to respect our rules and culture.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.