• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

About Flood Control

Lumberg

Opus Lover
Hey I don't know how guys have the patience to post pad as it is! I get so frustated because I guess you could call me a power user. I load up multiple threads and while some are loading I respond to others; sometimes I have my PMs open as well and I could easily post 2-3 legitimate posts/PMs within the window that the flood control prevents. I assume that is around 4-5 seconds.

I once tried to post pad but damn does it get boring.

As a matter of fact even though the trend is to put up separate threads for each trader review I put up one big one after the L40 debacle just because I wasn't going to wait to post each thread.

SO please, Rod, don't increase flood control. If anything, now that you have put the kibosh on post padding, perhaps you could relax the restrictions down to 1 or 2 seconds.

Let's remember the main point is to thwart bots and spammers. Of which we have had none since I joined (unless you caount that Bryan Fellows guy who was actually kinda funny).

Some of us actually have good ideas that come at a rate faster than the flood control allows. Let's not make the situation even worse.

JC

I don't care for flood control either as I am on DSL at home and a T3 at work. But it keeps people w/ a fast connection from taking a smal thread into a 5 page thread. 30 seconds works for me.
Emo

It's a shame that flood control needs to be in place but as you can see, it's needed at times.... ???

I would suggest that the new folks to this sight take notice of what is deemed acceptable and what is not.

Leebo8-9-8 said:
It's a shame that flood control needs to be in place but as you can see, it's needed at times.... ???

I would suggest that the new folks to this sight take notice of what is deemed acceptable and what is not.
I'll get off....................

I didnt know it mattered. I really don't post pad on purpose, I did it jokingly once or twice. Anyway, point taken. :(

My last post was not meant to be negative, just reinterating that there are do's and don'ts.

Hell, I did it when I was new and got called out for it.

:D

Wouldn't hurt me to see a 5+ minute flood control put into effect...... would probably make people think about the importance of their content. With all the growth we have been having, it seems, a lot of people have been using this BB more like a chat room.

I do hope we can get the quality of our post's back again.

perhaps you could explain what is acceptable leebo.
of everyone that posted on "the other thread" in disdain
of pointless, garbage, pad, or just-being-silly posts, kenny
is the only one that i haven't really ever seen make these
types of posts. so perhaps you could let us all know what
will not garner someones wrath. i'd really like to know.
and as far as"those two skinless brothers", i can't speak for
PB, but i just calls 'em as i sees 'em and i don't give a damn
who you are. i possess the proper amount of skin, i just get
tired of bitching. i got enough of that from my wife. ;)

LD, I have no idea what you are talking about. Try using some paragraph breaks and leave out the personal stuff.

Once again, I don't think you read what I said.....

It's pretty simple really.....I can explain it any clearer than that. :D

sorry lee, i flunked grammer.
you said something about what is acceptable and what is not.
you gave no indication of either. i would really like to know
as i have grown tired of the bickering.
look! i indented! anyways, i don't want to fight with you guys.
i get no joy or fun out of that. that is why when you said
something about what is acceptable and what is not, i sincerely
would like to know, as i must not because i seem to get into
fights almost as often as my brother.

oh yeah. so yall know, he's worse in real life. :sign:

kenny
is the only one that i haven't really ever seen make these
types of posts.

Sorry this one lost me?? ???

i seem to get into
fights almost as often as my brother.

:lookup: I noticed that.

this is from the pinned thread that Rod locked:

Rod

Group: CP Admin
Member No.: 2

I have noticed quite a bit of nonsense posts lately, such as post padding. I'd rather not see it, since all it does is take up unnecessary resources on the server which in turn CP pay's for.

When someone goes to search for something, it'd be nice if they found what they were looking for rather than a bunch of post padded threads.

QUALITY is always better than QUANTITY. Let's keep CP a quality site.

I'm sure several of us are guilty of post padding, so let's not do it anymore. I think this is a very fair thing to ask for the better of CP.

Thanks...

PS - I don't have any problem kicking flood control up a notch. 

I think this says it all LD.

We interrupt this program with an important public service announcement:

I have never seen grown men bicker so much!!! Lighten up fellas, this BB is here for our enjoyment, lets keep it that way

Now back to our regularly scheduled program

Well Lumberg, I suggest you take it pm's my friend....

Your posts are beginning to reflect a hint of sarcasm.

Leebo8-9-8 said:
My last post was not meant to be negative, just reinterating that there are do's and don'ts.

Hell, I did it when I was new and got called out for it.

Alright, thats cool. :D

Leebo8-9-8 said:
this is from the pinned thread that Rod locked:

Rod

Group: CP Admin
Member No.: 2

I have noticed quite a bit of nonsense posts lately, such as post padding. I'd rather not see it, since all it does is take up unnecessary resources on the server which in turn CP pay's for.

When someone goes to search for something, it'd be nice if they found what they were looking for rather than a bunch of post padded threads.

QUALITY is always better than QUANTITY. Let's keep CP a quality site.

I'm sure several of us are guilty of post padding, so let's not do it anymore. I think this is a very fair thing to ask for the better of CP.

Thanks...

PS - I don't have any problem kicking flood control up a notch. 

I think this says it all LD.
roger that.
that's all i was asking for.
we return you now to your regularly scheduled cigar board.