• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Absinthe?

La Fee, or available in the US Vieux Pontarlier is a top pick but Lucid will do or if you've never had it then Versinthe is a good way to start since it is a lower proof.

can anyone recommend a really good quality Absinthe?

My friend swears by Partisane Absinthe. It is a bit pricey, but he says it is the best he has had over the years. If you want the shop where he buys them, feel free to PM me at your leisure.

Also, as stated by AVB La Fee is also a popular brand.

I have heard good things about Jade Liquors different absinthe products (a few of them have won some awards), and have had one myself. Though I'm not a fan of Absinthe as I hate the taste of black licorice.

Absinthe is bad news! While I can not recommend a good quality one, I know that there are some out there that offer different flavors/tastes and whatnot. I've only personally tried a few kinds of absinthe from Europe....all which tasted like crap and alcohol combined. Keep in mind that most if not all absinth will taste like black licorice. I think that is what mostly turned me off for absinthe....can't stand that taste. But to answer your question, your best bet is to just try a few out and see what you like best, just be sure to limit your intake on that stuff, I dont want to hear any stories of a fellow puff.com member going crazy and cutting his/her ear off!

P.S. It does make you crazy, I know from personal experience. I'm not sure if the kind thats sold in the US is the same as in Europe....just be careful.

:laugh:

:whistling:

You hang out with the wrong people George.

I think you missed that one completely Ray.......

Sockmonkey, in my opinion AVB gave you the best advice you're going to find anywhere (see post number 2 in this thread) as opposed to the stupidity you come across in "other" :rolleyes: corners of the 'net. ;)

Thanks guys I appreciate the help. My Birthday is Sat. so wanted to try something I had never experienced. Thanks for the help everyone.

No, I didn't. PM me if you want me to explain why. ;)

I think you missed that one completely Ray.......

Sockmonkey, in my opinion AVB gave you the best advice you're going to find anywhere (see post number 2 in this thread) as opposed to the stupidity you come across in "other" :rolleyes: corners of the 'net. ;)