• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Abyss in Tucson?

Jamie76

Anyone in the Tucson area know if there is any Abyss floating around anywhere?

Anywhere in NE would be nice as well. I'm dying to try this beer... Lol

ilikefishes said:
Paul, didn't I send you some last year?
No I have yet to try it. Last years ss you sent Butt?? I think it was called

Is it one of if not the best beers I've ever had...yep.  But, I've got to tell you that on many levels, it's 'jumped the shark' for me.  Started out at $11, then $12, then $13 and this year....$17.00 a bomber.  Oh, and after standing in line at the brewery for 45 mins they'd only sell me six.  Just not going to fight the hipster dudes for a few bottles of this (IMHO) rather overpriced beer.  When I can buy a fifth of decent bourbon for about what a bomber of beer costs, you have to start asking the 'is it worth it' question.

I may try to get more (in the past I've bought a couple cases...at least) but honestly I may not.  I'm more interested in some of the other Imperial Stout's out there.  Ninkasi has one that's casked, lots of other guys are making interesting imperial stouts.  There's more out there, and I'm looking.

Rant off.... :p ....B.B.S.

47. It is weird Tom. I played less than $16 for most the bottles I found this year. Still pretty high priced, but in my book worth it.

I remember when I could find this sitting on the shelves of a local liquor store for weeks.  Not anymore.  I'll get it on tap this weekend perhaps, but I wanted a couple bottles to age.

Yep, it has definitely gained in popularity. I spoke with the brewery and they said there are plans to increase production. We will see how it goes next year.