• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Acid Cigars

I couldn't get past the smell myself. If you do buy some DO NOT put them in the humidor with your regular cigars.

I wouldn't recommend them but hey, if you like the idea of smoking potpourri wrapped in brown paper, you may like them.

If you really want to try a flavored cigar, I recommend the CAO Bella Vanilla corona. Its a decent, very mild smoke and the women seem to like the aroma, if that matters at all to you.

Thank you very much for your answers. It doesn't seem like a lifechanging experience so I think I'll lay my hard-earned cash on a "real" cigar. :thumbs:

I bought the 16 cigar sampler pack from them. Was my first cigar purchase. I hated them all, and I kinda like flavored cigars on occassion. They smell like all spice and cloves and taste, ummm......bad.

They DO however have a natural line (no flavoring). I have tried a few of them and if you like a mild smoke some are not bad at all. I particularly enjoyed the china 5 5's I tried.

i agree. definately DO NOT put these in with other gars,
even in a tube and a zip-lock the um.....aroma permeates
everything.
also, PB & me had two that were rolled backwards and unwraveled.
drew estates was going to replace them for the original
purchaser, unfortunatly that wasn't us as they were
gifted to PB.

just my .02c

l8er

todd

This cigar brand has generated a TON of controversy.

The truth is, either you like them. . . OR you HATE THEM. I have not found many that have a "middle ground" view on these.

I have kept some in the past for someone that doesn't normally smoke cigars. Many "first time cigar smokers" that I have introduced to the hobby have chosen an Acid. Then, as they smoke a few times, they leave the favored cigars behind for the natural "unflavored" cigars.

At any rate, the thing about this hobby is, you enjoy what YOU enjoy. If Acids are your preferred smoke, then fine. But most cigar smokers that have been smoking for very long don't like them, so don't be suprised if they scoff at your choice.

Just my thoughts. . . . :)

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

GB (aka Steve)

THey are an imitation of Lars Tetens, which came first and is the laughing stock of the cigar smoking world.
In general they are meant for a fad, to attract the hip younger generation or whatever.

They add all kinds of armomatics for flavoring etc. but my question is why would you want to do that to good tobacco???

Defintly avoid.
Michael

laughing stock?? that's a little strong. sure, they're not for
everyone. some love them, some hate them. i have never had
the quality problem with a lars that i had with acid. i found lars
to be quite smokable, although quite different. once lit, i didn't
taste the essential oils or spices, just tobac. i wouldn't paint
them with a broad brush as there are differing views and everyone
seems passionate about they're position(as evidenced by all out
flame wars on this subject on this board)
i certainly wouldn't pay the $$$ lars go for as there are other
things that i prefer which are cheaper, but i also wouldn't turn
my nose up at them if offered either.
just my .02c

todd