• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Acid Cigars

I've never smoked one just because I'm a bit of a purist. I like all the ways natural leaf can taste when blended differently. As I understand Acid/Lars, they add flavoring and perfumes and stuff to their cigars. I'm the same way with my coffee/tea, no cream, no sugar :whistling: I'm sure that coffee with cream and sure might taste good to some people, and I'm sure that Acid/Lars might as well, just not my cup of tea (no pun intended) :cool:

Amen, Brother.

Tobacco-flavored tobacco for me, and so with coffee. Coffee-flavored coffee, and never at the mercy of condiments to enjoy how it really tastes.

I'm kinda surprised that almost everyone on here hates acids. I don't think they're that bad. I've only had a couple of them, but still I didn't think they were terrible. Also, it's not like I don't smoke regular cigars either. In the past week I've had a CAO Brazilia and America, a Montecristo, and a perdomo habano. So along with brands like those I also enjoy acids. Maybe acids are just something that the younger crowd goes for.

When I first went to try cigars (3 months ago...when I had money ;)) the owner of my B&M was real excited about them, and was talking about how I should go to his ACID event he was having. I was going to buy one, but it was more than I wanted to spend for just trying cigars. From the looks of this, if I would have had one, I would never have smoked again. Thank God for being cheap.

The only flavored cigar that really isn't bad is the Kahlua. My girlfriend likes those, so I'll take a puff once in awhile.
If I'm not mistaken, that's also made by Drew Estate for General Cigar.

Correct!!

Little known fact: Drew Estate will make a private label cigar for anyone. The only catch is that they must put their name on the product.
[i.e.: Kahlua (by Drew Estate), Java (by Drew Estate), etc..]

Word on the street, though, is that Kahlua is being discontinued. But I could be wrong.

Despite all of the rough treatment that Drew Estate gets from most cigar smokers, they make a good product. Well constructed, relatively high quality tobacco, and an interesting concept. They "flavor" the cigars in a thorough process.

Although I don't care for most of their cigars, from time to time a Cold Infusion Tea or Java is a nice change of pace. The Cold Infusion Tea, if smoked with the right beverage (sweet tea, interestingly enough) can actually be a good experience.

ACID cigars also do a good job of helping people interested in getting started in cigars, but perhaps too afraid of the "raw tobacco" taste, to start off with a well-constructed product that can be (and I have seen many times, is) a transition to better and more "real" cigars.

Just my two cents.

-Jess.

Word on the street, though, is that Kahlua is being discontinued. But I could be wrong.

Correct, they are being discontinued.

Which is odd because they are one of the best-selling flavored handmade cigars in the world.

Makes one ponder about hidden copyright/brand issues, perhaps?

-Jess.

I have a stash of Acid Blondies on hand as my "mowing the lawn" cigar of choice. It's of the quality level that I don't mind using them up out in the yard, and the sweetness is nice when the cut-grass smell is overpowering the tobacco aroma anyway. Plus, the size is great for the 45 minutes or so it takes to be out there. Every cigar has its place. :)

I tried a couple of Acid's before, however like everyone said, the perfume/scents that are added really are overpowering. You won't taste the cigar itself, rather just the added flavors. If you like Swishers, you'll love Acid's. The only flavored cigar that really isn't bad is the Kahlua. My girlfriend likes those, so I'll take a puff once in awhile. Aside from that, it's puros for me. :)

The Kahluas are no longer being made. I have yet to try and ACID, but they definitely sell A LOT.

Which is odd because they are one of the best-selling flavored handmade cigars in the world.

-Jess.

Jess,

Kahlua was bought by a French company and they broke all lisencing agreements with everyone (cigars, towels, chocolates, etc...). Apparently, they fell it will "cheapen" the brand. Someone should have told them that their brand was already cheapend way before these agreements were made.

-Jess.

Jess,

Kahlua was bought by a French company and they broke all lisencing agreements with everyone (cigars, towels, chocolates, etc...). Apparently, they fell it will "cheapen" the brand. Someone should have told them that their brand was already cheapend way before these agreements were made.

So it goes with the French! I suppose you could coat a Colibri Firebird in solid gold and it wouldn't make it into a Dupont.

-Jess.

I'll add to this.

On a tip, I tried a Kuba Kuba. Bought it local...very fresh well maintained walk-in humidor.
I loved it!! There is a "flavor" on the outside, for the lips, but the rest seems normal. I'll have to pay better attention next time.

So, I picked up another one...few days later...different store...it totally sucked!!

I mentioned it to the fella that recommended them in the first place. It was his understanding that the KK's (and maybe all ACID's) are a bit more sensitive to freshness than most other cigars.

Buy them...balance them out for a few weeks before trying/reviewing.

I've been back to the first store, and I can buy with the confidence of knowing I can take it right out into the parking lot and smoke it if I wanted to.

Just my .02, and at least one ACID smoker here. I'm headed after work today for a re-stock, and maybe an ACID or two will make it into my bag.

I'm gonna weigh in here and mention...

I started out smoking crappy cigars, Backwoods and the like.. and surprisingly (or not) they tasted pretty crappy.

Acid's were a real treat in relation, and a smoke I could pick out the flavors of with no problem mostly because the flavors were smashing my senses with a hammer. (Clove, Cinnamon etc)

Now that I've tried 'real' cigars I prefer 'em, but in the right context I'd smoke an Acid...
I'll tell ya what tho, them moontrance's were nas-tay!

~R

I'm gonna weigh in here and mention...

I started out smoking crappy cigars, Backwoods and the like.. and surprisingly (or not) they tasted pretty crappy.

Acid's were a real treat in relation, and a smoke I could pick out the flavors of with no problem mostly because the flavors were smashing my senses with a hammer. (Clove, Cinnamon etc)

Now that I've tried 'real' cigars I prefer 'em, but in the right context I'd smoke an Acid...
I'll tell ya what tho, them moontrance's were nas-tay!

~R

I can agree in context. To me, for a new cigar smoker, someone who walks into a humidor and doesn't know what to buy, an Acid makes a very good "introduction." It's not a "real cigar" but then again, it is, somewhat. It's a transition between the gas-station crap and the world of premium hand-rolled cigars.

For a new cigar smoker, it also gives them an opportunity to see if they even enjoy smoking for up to, or beyond, an hour. Some people just don't like to sit down and puff on tobacco for that long.

Very well said.

-Jess.

I smoked an Acid Nasty a few months back, after reading the name in the store - I thought, I've gotta try that!!I couldn’t resist!

.....:blush: It was well named

I smoked an Acid Nasty a few months back, after reading the name in the store - I thought, I've gotta try that!!I couldn’t resist!

.....:blush: It was well named

Yeah, the Nasty is just that.
The others in the sampler tin were not too bad though, from my recollection..

~R

Well, go figure. ACIDs have been around long enough. Every B&M I've ever visited seems to carry them, though most segregate them somehow. Somebody likes them, for sure. Drew Estates isn't in the business to lose money.

Wurm.....paging Wurm to the thread :laugh:

EDIT: To add The ACID Reviews

lol Tony, someone here even told some noob (in the last Acid thread that popped up) that I was the guy to talk to about Acids thanks to you... :sign:

Glad to see you posting again bro! :thumbs:

Well they must be doing something right. They just have their own niche market and they are doing well. From what I understand, they have a huge manufacturing facility. They do in fact sell large amounts of product. That being said, they also have the unflavored liga privada #9 which is an awesome smoke. :thumbs: