• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Acid Kuba Kuba --- No thanks!

GRAY GHOST

Well, you FOGs have been right about so much, I should have just listened to you from the start on those ACIDs!
I am a Newbie, so forgive me. My mouth has been tainted. Being a Newbie, my palate isn't quite as refined as the rest of you, so I'm still snooping around to acquire 'my' taste.

My girlfriend knows I've been getting into cigars, so she decided to 'surprise' me with a 5'er of smokes. "Wow, babe. Acids, you shouldn't have."
I had no choice but to light up and look satisfied. Needless to say, it was like licking a Glade plug-in!
I didn't even finish the thing---I couldn't! (I must say, It was cool of her to buy me some cigars though)

So tally my vote towards 'NO' to this particular smoke. Some may enjoy....I really tried y'know, lit up w/ an open mind.
I think tomorrow night I'm gonna get back on track w/ a Montecristo Robusto!

The only other flavored cigar I'd be interested in trying at this point is the 'Maker's Mark Bourbon-flavored Cigar'. Although, seems from the reviews it's more of a novelty smoke than a premium one? Bourbon is my drink afterall, but maybe I should stick to liquid form, pending feedback?

Licking a Glade Plug In............... :laugh: That about sums up my experience. Like using cologne for Binaca Blast.

do-not-want-dog.jpg

The Gurkha cognac infused cigars are pretty good, for flavored cigars.

Make sure you tell her the truth, or something close to the truth, though, otherwise she'll just buy 'em for you again. "Just didn't taste right to me" or something along those lines. ;)

---John Holmes...

Hahaha, It makes me feel bad that y'all hate Acid's so much. I like em from time to time, I used to smoke them ALOT, but have sorta moved away from them. Mostly so I could explore whats out there.

If ya have extras ya dont want, feel free to send em my way. They'll get smoked. :whistling:

I don't care for many flavored cigars. The last one I smoked that was not terrible (still would not seek it out) was the Rocky Patel Java. Like most flavored cigars it left that horrible taste in my mouth for way to long and mouth wash could not even remove it.

I bought a sampler when I first started smoking a few years back, tried one and they are still sitting in the quarantined humidor for flavored cigars. No thanks.

Well Wilkey likes Moontrances so at least you would have a companion should you start a a big "Flavored HERF"....... :sign:

I really think I'm the only person on this forum that likes acids.

Not true. I enjoy a Blondie every now and then. Nice thing about Acids is that I don't catch grief from my buddies whenever I light one up. I'm pretty much the only cigar smoker of my group and I always get the same 'he's smoking those stinking dog turds again' comments whenever I light up anything else, even my favorite RP Vintage 1992's. Uncouth lowlifes.

Acids aren't bad smokes.. Its a flavored cigar, if your expecting an Opus X experience you'll be very disappointed. So clear your head of any expectations before lighting one up. They are quality smokes from the way they are put together to the tobacco they use. They have always burned perfect and have a great draw.. I keep some in my humidor (always in a glass tube so they don't permeate my other sticks) for those times when i go out with friends that don't smoke cigars. I've had too many "dog crap burning in a bag" comments when i light up my favorite Fuente or Ashton and don't get that when i light up an acid 1400cc or kuba.. Most FOG's and tobacco purist will never admit to liking a flavored cigar but that doesnt mean its a horrible cigar try one for yourself before jumping on the bandwagon.

Ive been a lurker for a loooong time and thought id just throw in my .02.. thanks!

Acids aren't bad smokes.. Its a flavored cigar, if your expecting an Opus X experience you'll be very disappointed. So clear your head of any expectations before lighting one up. They are quality smokes from the way they are put together to the tobacco they use. They have always burned perfect and have a great draw.. I keep some in my humidor (always in a glass tube so they don't permeate my other sticks) for those times when i go out with friends that don't smoke cigars. I've had too many "dog crap burning in a bag" comments when i light up my favorite Fuente or Ashton and don't get that when i light up an acid 1400cc or kuba.. Most FOG's and tobacco purist will never admit to liking a flavored cigar but that doesnt mean its a horrible cigar try one for yourself before jumping on the bandwagon.

Ive been a lurker for a loooong time and thought id just throw in my .02.. thanks!

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke. Your post was refreshingly intelligent until we hit the catagorization "most FOGs". Be careful with an assertion like that one unless you have data to back it up. You just accused "most" of us as being two-faced. As a F'ing Old Guy, I won't touch a flavored cigar - don't want them in the same ZIP code with me. However, I know a few respected Brothers who do unabashedly smoke a flavored smoke.

Please post an introduction and stick around a while.

Licking a Glade Plugin! :laugh:

In reference to the Acids by Jonathan Drew, you either love em' or hate em', there's no middle of the road here. I myself do not smoke em' but I'll tell you all, I know of a bunch of folks that do. Glynna Schlesinger (Owner of Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar) sells em' like hot cakes and can't keep em' on the shelf. Jonathan has got the market covered in all aspects of the flavored cigar world and knows what he is doing. The last thing I'll say about flavored cigars is that the Java & Mocha Java is a Drew Estates product not a RP product. All Rocky does is sell em', here's the link:

http://www.drewestate.com/index.cfm?page=java-cigars

I've tried the both the Java & Mocha Java, not a bad flavored smoke if your lookin' to smoke a cup of coffee with a piece of chocolate cake with it....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Wow.. I managed to offend with my first post. My apologies to Mr. NullSmurf and anyone else I offended. I never intended for my post to be twisted around and interpreted into calling anyone two faced. My data involves no one on this forum obviously, (this is my first post) but I am very involved with cigar events in my community. From what I see, the older guys at my local cigar friendly bars, Moose lodge, American Legion and VFW also have strong opinions on Acids. Heck, most of them wont even try an Acid because of the name and because theres a guy with dreadlocks leaning on a motorcycle for the label and they base their opinions on that alone; while most of the younger 20 somethings love Drew Estates & CAO flavored cigars.
Of course they aren't for everyone, but if you found one you actually liked one day, could you ever admit it after making comments like "I don't want them in my same ZIP code" or "Anal Juice" or, the one I liked, "Smells like a hippy chicks armpit". If I never had an Acid, and I came on this forum and saw those comments, I don't think I'd try one. I was just trying to put a different spin on the thread. Acids or any other flavored cigars are not my cigar of choice but I don't mind them either and enjoy them once in a while...I'm just not as passionate about hating them as your are. I sense this is a very touchy subject. You will never hear me talk about flavored smokes again.. I'm off to the introduction section,Later!!

I actually smoked an Acid Blue wafe tonight.... And oh my god. I saw it and had to try it because of the shape, but it was the worst experience with any cigar ever. It smelled and tasted strongly of lavender soap, or those old lavender mints/gum from the 80's.. The ones that came in the purple foil..? Just gross! The smoke itself wasn't too bad, but the added flavor was so overwhelming that it made me feel sick the whole night. It also gave me a strange buzz I would never relate to any other cigar. Overall gross. I can see non-cigar smokers liking these a lot, but it made me queasy overall. :(

I smoked one, that was gifted to me.....all I could think of was a hippie chick and damn patchouli.