• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ACID Opulence 3

Nowhereman

I'm betting most here have heard of Drew Estate / Acid brand cigars.
Not being a real big fan of "Infused cigars", I didn't pay a lot of attention to them.
I did however read up on various manufacturers of cigars and found that Drew Estate is one very organized and powerfully large manufacturer.
They put a tremendous amount of energy into quality cigar manufacturing so it's no shock that they sell more cigars than most other companies.
I had my 1st ACID a few years ago on a golf course; It was a Kuba Kuba.
I enjoyed it but felt that even the next day, I could still smell the infusion, it was that strong.
Lucky enough to acquire an Acid sampler, I got to try almost all the types of Infusions they produced.
There were two that stood out, the Natural (Dirt Torpedo) and the Opulence 3 that really impressed me.
Of the two, I have smoked a fiver of the dirt torpedo and I am on my 2nd box of Opulences.
This variation of Infusion and Infusion is almost too strong a word for the Opulence 3, is what I feel is the best ACID ever.
The burn is near perfect, the smoke output is as good as any cigar on the market and the burn time is truly fabulous with a well humidor'd Opulence easily going over an hour.
The wrapper is beautiful with no visible seams or veins.
The cap is near perfect and allows a beautiful cut if your using a standard cut or a V cut.
Never a delam in either box; band comes off nicely when you go to nub it and you will nub this specimen of greatness.
Draw was spotless no matter how I cut it and the cold draw was perfect.
Drew Estate pulled the stops out on this one.
1st light gave off not infusion but superbly nice San Andreas flavor which is hard to describe unless you have smoked it.
The aroma from the cigar had floral properties that were pleasant and not overpowering.
After about an inch you will get some peaty . earthiness with the slightest touch of spice.
I actually enjoyed the lack of infusion as your nose tells you it's infused but your palet tells you your smoking some very good tobacco.
Later on, around the halfway point I'm amazed at how much smoke this girl is putting out.
All the time the layer upon layer of peaty earth and subtle spice just keeps coming on.
The blend of this cigar is unique in the fact that there aren't a whole lot of changes in it but, the delivery of what it generates is pure synergy with your senses.
The Opulence 3 begins to turn up the spice just a touch after half but it is not jammed to the top, just it's volume is adjust a little higher.
For me, I detect a very slight dark chocolate and fruitiness towards the last inch but no stopping the intial peat / earth / floral spice that welcomed you in the begining.
Everyone of these I have smoked, have been nubbed; so that should tell you my enjoyment of these little jewels.
They have pushed themselves into my "morning cigar" camp with impunity.
Morning or afternoon when I want a cigar and I'm not pairing it up with adult beverages, I go for the Opulence 3 or the Tabak Especial, which by the way, is also a drew Estate offering.
If your turned off by infused cigars, your not alone but you still need to give this one a try.
For the quality of the cigar, the aroma which is world class and the smoking experience, this cigar is a steal at it's price.
It has become one of my "Go To" cigars for telling the world hello in the morning.
It would be categorized and a medium by my standard.
Oh and the wife an everyone who doesn't smoke cigars that I know, who have been around me when I do one of these comments that the aroma is "very nice"
An that's from non cigar smokers.
IMG_4403.jpg

Hope your not storing those next to your non-infused smokes as they can penetrate/permeate/mix with other sticks and into your humidor.

Most have tried one. Many started smoking these at first (myself included). Then you grow out of a taste/smell of chemicals, and fake sweetness. There are better morning smokes to be had in my opinion. But as has been said...like what you smoke, smoke what you like.

I smoked a few of the Dirt Torpedoes while I was deployed in 2006, that was when I first got into cigars.

I don't have anything bad to say about it, and might revisit it and see what my impressions are now.

T

Thanks for taking the time to write this review! I have a couple Tabaks in my small tupperdor and have had a kuba kuba. I enjoy both of them. And tend to lean towards these when I'm smoking in public around people that don't smoke. I'll have to give the Opulences a try!

I'm not sure wtf just happened here... but I like your enthusiasm and I'm into that. Go get 'em.
Lets keep it clean here girls, we got kids who read this shit... lol
Seriously though, It is IMHO, Drew Estate's best ACID offering.
Not over powering in infusion properties but just enough to be interesting and the quality of build is as good as anything.

Not an Acid fan -- I've honestly ever only had the Kuba Kuba, and that was enough to turn me off. I had a buddy that smoked different ones, and just smelling those things left an acrid feeling in my sinuses. I'm not opposed to giving one of these a lookski, though. I do, however, love the DE MUWAT KFC (how's that for some military acronym shit...), which is also a love it or hate it cigar.

Great review, though. Thanks for putting the effort into it. lwys/swyl

Not an Acid fan -- I've honestly ever only had the Kuba Kuba, and that was enough to turn me off. I had a buddy that smoked different ones, and just smelling those things left an acrid feeling in my sinuses. I'm not opposed to giving one of these a lookski, though. I do, however, love the DE MUWAT KFC (how's that for some military acronym shit...), which is also a love it or hate it cigar.

Great review, though. Thanks for putting the effort into it. lwys/swyl
I understand and thanks.
I too am not an "Infused" fan but this Opulent #3 is a little different.
If you get the chance, try one.
I'm looking for DR's new Candella cigar offerings as I have never experienced Candella tobacco before.

Is there something keeping you from typing in paragraphes?

Not sure why you type in 1 line sentences.
It's strange.
I'm not sure if you are doing this on purpose or not.
I feel it's distracting.
Maybe it's just me.

Last edited:
Is there something keeping you from typing in paragraphes?

Not sure why you type in 1 line sentences.
It's strange.
I'm not sure if you are doing this on purpose or not.
I feel it's distracting.
Maybe it's just me.
It's you.