• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Addiction Sucks!

klipsch

No more Room ≠ No more Cigars
I just found out a short while ago that a friend and fellow drummer lost his life to the disease of drug addiction. I don't even know that I've ever accepted addiction as a disease, but more unresolved grief. I really don't even care at the moment...I'm just angry that somebody else that I cared about didn't find his way out of the hell he subjected himself too... :(

I'm sorry

Sorry to hear about your loss, Walt. We will keep you in our thoughts.

Be strong for yourself, brother.

Sorry to hear about that Walt, will say a prayer for you tonight. Stay strong!

Sorry Walt, keep strong my friend, best wishes and prayers to the family

Sorry to hear that Walt. I will keep his family and friends in my prayers and you stay strong my friend.

Sorry to hear. :( Thoughts and prayers are with you and his other friends and family. Stay strong!

Losing someone you care about hurts no matter how it happens.

The Love that's addiction's tease is found in the end. Grieve well, bro.

Addiction I fear is an all too human trait. Sad when such traits dominate a person so completely.
Stay strong and be an example to you, yours, AND his!

PJ

Sorry to hear that Walt, I know it all too well. I lost one of my best friends to this same disease....and by your comments, I feel your anger towards it too.

It's almost like they live that double life while battling this thing. When you are around them, they seem fine and say all the right things. But then when they disappear for days at a time, you just know what is going on. When you see them again and ask questions about where they've been, they say all the right things again....but inside you know the truth. Weird thing is that he was an upright, solid guy with a great job and bright future. I'm sure you can say many of the same things about your friend. So confusing.

Then one day you get the call. Your post brought back some very sad memories today...but good ones too.

My prayers to those he left behind who are now left with more questions than answers.

Sorry for your loss. At the rate I was going a few years ago liver failure or some other alchohol induced desease was probably in my future. I have no answer as to why some people find their way out and others ride it down to the bitter end.