• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Advice On Air Cleaner

threei

I'm hoping somone can recommend a good air cleaner that will help eliminate smoke odor. I'm not looking to spend too much money, I'd like to keep it under $200. Thanks.

-Scott

I've got a big maple tree that works for me. It's free if you want it but shipping will be a killer. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The problem with units that have a Hepa filter, even units that have a replaceable charcoal outer pre-filter, is that within a year or so you will have to plunk down $40-$50 for a new hepa. I have a Honeywell, I replaced the outer pre-filter every 3 months (at $10 each) and now 18 months later, even with a new charcoal pre-filter, the filtered air coming out the top smells like smoke.

I don't have a recomended subsitute, just passing on info.

Maggs44 said:
The problem with units that have a Hepa filter, even units that have a replaceable charcoal outer pre-filter, is that within a year or so you will have to plunk down $40-$50 for a new hepa. I have a Honeywell, I replaced the outer pre-filter every 3 months (at $10 each) and now 18 months later, even with a new charcoal pre-filter, the filtered air coming out the top smells like smoke.

I don't have a recomended subsitute, just passing on info.
[snapback]155805[/snapback]​

I have a Honeywell Envirocaire 64200 which has a CPZ, Hepa Filter and Prefilter. It works great for dust and smoke but the CPZ cost $150, Hepa $120, and Charcoal Prefilter $13. It is the largest machine Honeywell makes and it set me back $350 maybe 5 years ago. Total cost to operate would be maybe $475/year in heavy use but is rated best by Consumer Report. Mid rang modeles are sold at lowes.

FYI Go to the library for the consumer report Mag. Issue Oct. 2003