• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AF 8-5-8

I've enjoyed the natural and maduro. I have a SG waiting to be smoked and wouldn't mind trying a candela or a rosado(lol). Overall it's like any other fuente, it's a good smoke and fits right into the price.

I've enjoyed the natural and maduro. I have a SG waiting to be smoked and wouldn't mind trying a candela or a rosado(lol). Overall it's like any other fuente, it's a good smoke and fits right into the price.

Smoke that SG. They are right up there on the top of my list of favorites. I have a box from '02 and a box from '07 and they are both fantastic IMHO.

I am sure about that 85%. I noticed on their digital hydro I clarified with them that it was calibrated. The owner stated he kept it that high because of in/out traffic. That explanation made sense to me. I don't buy many cigars from there. From the sound of it I won't be buying anymore.

Uh -- if it is reading 85% at anytime, regardless of in/out, something is wrong. Every B&M I've visited keeps them between 65%-69%. 85% for a while could probably do some damage to the stick -- I'm just not sure what!

I am sure about that 85%. I noticed on their digital hydro I clarified with them that it was calibrated. The owner stated he kept it that high because of in/out traffic. That explanation made sense to me. I don't buy many cigars from there. From the sound of it I won't be buying anymore.

Well it looks like we found the problem! I would have thought that five months at home would have fixed the problem, but having no experience (that I know of) with a cigar that has been stored so, perhaps they are beyond help.

You can buy 85% humi packs for seasoning your humidor but after that you want to go back down to 70%, 65%, etc.

I would have no problem with a B&M setting the system to 85% as long as with the foot traffic the RH was around 70%. I know my local B&M does that and the RH is generally in the 68% - 70% range.

My .02