• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AF 858 SG and CAO Brazillia Anaconda

hudsonvalley

MMMM...Ember
I have seen posted here that the SG 858 is hard to come by and that the Anaconda is being discontinued. Are these statements true? At six and change and nine and change respectively should these be acquired for the sake of BOTLs here?

Thanks.

I find 858 SGs nearly impossible to find, and only seasonally at that (unless you go to Casa Fuente). No shortage of the CAOs around here. I would pay the 6 for the 858SGs as they are a fine smoke, but that is certainly over MSRP (not big suprise there). I would not personally pay nine bones for any CAO that I've had...not to say that it's not worth it to someone else.

Just my opinion. Josh

We just got two boxes of Anacondas in last week from CAO, so they are still available.

Oh man Moki, if I just had a bit of your inside knowledge. Perhaps they aren't that hard to find. I love 'em just the same and have hit every store in 200 miles of my home and only found a partial box of 12 over christmas. Of course the search did turn up lots of Anejos and some King Bs....

Josh

I don't know about the Anaconda, but the 858 SG is difficult to find. The only time I have seen them all year, was at the end of the year. They sold out really quick from my local guys. I was gonna buy a box or 2 and offer up some 5ers for guys who couldn't find them. But my guy sold out.

The CAO Anaconda was just released for 1 year and production was about 70,000. I asked the same question at CAO's website and they seem to have quite a bit of them still in inventory. If your B&M stocks CAO, ask them to order you a box, but $7.50-$8.50 is about normal per stick.

Casa Fuente does not have any 858 cigars at all..as of last week when I was there...continue on

I have never seen an 858SG in a retail store. This is my second favorite cigar behind the Anejo's. I would spend 6 and change for singles all day long. But to me, they are worth it. I know every single time I pick one up, exactly what I am going to get. That kind of consistancy coupled with the flavor I love makes it a no brainer. Luckily there are BOTL's here that will look out for a bro.

Emo

In Tampa I saw a few places with 858SG Maduro, but never any naturals. I haven't seen them at all in Illinois. The CAO isn't too difficult to find.

mingkou said:
In Tampa I saw a few places with 858SG Maduro, but never any naturals. I haven't seen them at all in Illinois. The CAO isn't too difficult to find.
[snapback]285048[/snapback]​
The "858 sungrown" and the "858 maduro" are two different cigars...or so I thought? ???

Jeff B. said:
mingkou said:
[snapback]285048[/snapback]​
The "858 sungrown" and the "858 maduro" are two different cigars...or so I thought? ???
[snapback]285062[/snapback]​

Indeed, they are two different cigars. The SGs are cedar wrapped with a black ribbon around the foot. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm 858 SunGrown............drooool....

emodx said:
I have never seen an 858SG in a retail store. This is my second favorite cigar behind the Anejo's. I would spend 6 and change for singles all day long. But to me, they are worth it. I know every single time I pick one up, exactly what I am going to get. That kind of consistancy coupled with the flavor I love makes it a no brainer. Luckily there are BOTL's here that will look out for a bro.

Emo
[snapback]285033[/snapback]​

I picked up I think 5 boxes this past xMas season just from my local shops here in Rochester (4 of those were for people I knew who wanted them).

They aren't that hard to find, it's just that not all shops get 'em.

I have a few 858SG singles aging inside my humidor. These particular cigars are seasonal and come out around Christmas time I think. That's why they are so hard to find.

I have never seen the 858SG in a store and I have been to a lot of stores. Then again I have never had one, but I digress.

moki said:
I picked up I think 5 boxes this past xMas season just from my local shops here in Rochester (4 of those were for people I knew who wanted them).

They aren't that hard to find, it's just that not all shops get 'em.
[snapback]285180[/snapback]​

Rub it in! :sign:

If you ever wanna lose a box, LMK! :D :laugh:

MOKI always has the best of everything - I want to hang out where he hangs out - BTW - do those boxes come with special quarters :laugh: