• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AF Anejo #50

Wisco

I was lucky enough to win one of the Fundraising Memorial Raffles. I was very eager to enjoy one of the cigars and thought this would be a good time to post my first ever cigar review. Please bare with me. I am not a cigar expert and my refined pallet when it comes to food does not cross over as well when it comes to smoke.

Anejo50001.jpg

John was gracious enough and patient enough to coordinate the boxes arrival with my recent travel for work. For that I am thankful. The box arrived and looked wonderful.

Anejo50002.jpg

Here is where I enjoy the majority of my cigars. You can also see my smoking partner. A 2 year old Labradoodle (Half Lab, Half Poodle <insert flatlander comment from Doc here>).

Anejo50003.jpg

And this of course is my view from my smoking chair. The river peaks through between the neighbors house.

It is a nice day for late March in Wisconsin. It is 50 Degrees with a an overcast sky that allows the sun to peak in and out as it pleases. This is the first time this year I can hear the birds and my tulips are beginning to poke through the ground.

Anejo50005.jpg

Here is the cigar pre cut. It looks gorgeous with 1 vein. Upon closer inspection it is actually 3 veins but wrapped in a way that where one ends the next begins. The precut draw is pretty good. Not a ton of air but a decent amount.

Anejo50006.jpg

After an amateur toasting and light we are off and running. The post light draw is very nice. Plumes of smoke billow out of my mouth from the first draw. It is a medium bodied creamy smoke that I enjoy very much. As I make my way through the first 3rd there are some hints of pepper but it dissapears as quickly as it showed up. Just a draw or twos worth. The burn is very even despite being a tad lopsided on my behalf. The ash is a bit darker but wasn't flaky and held on quite well.

Anejo50007.jpg

The second 3rd is not very complex and I don't notice any strong flavor present but it is a very enjoyable cigar taste. Again I get one flash of pepper on the back of my tongue and again it is gone. During the second 3rd I take a trip to the mailbox and see that Pick n' Save has spiral hams for $.98/lb and I get my price list form work that reflects a strong increase in pork markets recently. The neighbors kids can be heard as they are playing outside and enjoying the weather. My smoking partner, Zeus, gets startled as a bush he is sniffing erupts as a bird quickly shoots out and flys off. It is toward the end of the second 3rd that I begin to feel a decent buzz.

Anejo50010.jpg

I don't like to ash prematurely. I let it happen and halfway through the cigar is when it fell.

Anejo50011.jpg

The cigar continues in the last 3rd with a creamy and enjoyable smoke. No pepper present but I enjoy the creamy smoke. Zeus takes offense to the neighbor kid that rides his bike while wearing stone washed skinny jeans, talking on a cellphone, while carrying a skateboard.

Anejo50012.jpg

I am more than willing to continue enjoying this cigar down to the nub but I don't get the chance. Right about here the smoke almost disappears and I retire this cigar to the pile outside my garage. I definitely enjoyed the cigar and just want to say thanks to everyone here that makes this community what it is.

Guard that box with your life as from the raffle I remember it is one from Brian's (Infinity's) collection, very special indeed. Excellent review on one of my favorite smokes.

They're three years old now, so I'm willing to bet they are some tasty smokes by now. I'm sure Brian is glad you're enjoying them and not just looking at them.

I am glad you enjoyed the review. I was a bit nervous, with it being my first. I did a little research after hearing about infinity and am honored to have some of his stash in my box. I will smoke 'em while I got 'em and will be sure to spread the wealth.