• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AF ANEJOS?

EmDub23

Just curious as to when these cigars will be released in 2004? I've looked everywhere for them and I believe they only are released once a year?

EmDub23 said:
Just curious as to when these cigars will be released in 2004? I've looked everywhere for them and I believe they only are released once a year?
Probably not until xMas time -- though there are exceptions occasionally.

Hmmm, I have had OpusX and Anejos, they are both better tasting IMHO than any Habanos cigar I ever had. ???

All a matter of taste my brothers, all a matter of personal taste.

coventrycat86 said:
Save your money and spend it on Havanas instead.
Good advice if it read "....and spend it on Havanas, TOO."

Fired one of these from a box that's been in my humi for the past 4 months, and it was terrific!! I personally feel that Fuente ships their smokes too moist. Both these and the Don Carlos' that I got were not what I expected right out of the box, but with a little stabilizing at my preferred humidity, they have become great!

So there!! :sign:

PuroBrat said:
Hmmm, I have had OpusX and Anejos, they are both better tasting IMHO than any Habanos cigar I ever had. ???

All a matter of taste my brothers, all a matter of personal taste.
:thumbs: :thumbs:

Hey CC, I've got a box of Padrón 1926 #1 Maduro's for ya... aw forget it, spend the money on Cubans :)

Please don't Missunderstand my post!

I love Habanos, have had quite a few, only One that I didn't really enjoy. But I would not limit myself to nothing but Habanos, there are far to many good cigars I would miss out on if I did that.

I have plenty habanos....but just wanted to give the Anejo a try. I'm not in anyway trying to compare the two, because I love my Cubans....but am just interested in trying them and know they are a limited production cigar.

Did I hear somewhere that Anejo's are Opus X Maduros??....or did I just make that up...

gr8full2day said:
Did I hear somewhere that Anejo's are Opus X Maduros??....or did I just make that up...
They are not Opus X Maduros -- those are different beasts entirely. Añejos do purportedly use the same filler and binder that Opus X cigar use, but they have a Connecticut broadleaf maduro wrapper.

They taste very different from Opus X cigars. Opus X Maduros, on the other hand, taste pretty similar, but much deeper/richer.

Just curious to what the MSRP is on a box of these. I've found them for around $30 a stick.

For reference, these are AF MSRP for individual sticks from I believe early 2003:

Añejo
No. 46 5.625X46 6.50
No. 48 7X48 8.00
No. 49 7.625X49 8.75
No. 50 5.25X50 7.25
No. 55 6X55 9.00

*MSRP doesn't include state/local taxes, etc.

If you find them at anything close to these prices, let us know! ???