• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AF Don Carlos - Thanks Again NorCal

bthompson2875

As I have said in several of my posts, I am very new to CP and cigars in general. I'm am grossly under-qualified to write a review worthy of the time that it takes you all to read. However, this is my attempt to put my lack of confidence aside and show NorCal that I truly appreciate his generosity. This won't be your standard review - there are plenty already out there!

Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #2 or Belicoso - It was a Torpedo Shape, but I didn't measure it before hand - My Bad. I would bet it is #2 though.

At any rate, I think most of you are very familiar with this line of cigars, so I will skip the traditional details and go straight to my newbie thoughts.

#1 - Relatively Powerful - This made me weak in the knees. It was about a 6 pack of Miller Lite in 60 minutes buzz! Very nice!

#2 - Very Tasty - My palate is not discerning enough to accurately tell what flavor notes I tasted, and I'm not going to hijack what others have said to make me look more sophisticated than I am. I'll leave it as damn tasty! I really enjoyed it.

#3 - Thick Smoke - I was surprised with how easy the draw was and how much smoke I was blowing out after every drag. I haven't experienced that before. Being a newbie, I would think thick smoke is a bad thing, but I didn't mind it at all - in fact, I think it added to the overall experience - bonus points for thick smoke!

#4 - Relaxing - I guess this goes hand-in-hand with #1, but I had the best time smoking this stick. I invited a buddy over and we spent the majority of the time talking about each of our cigars - pretending we know more than we do. (He was smoking a La Gloria Cuban NFL Players Pyramid - He has several dozen of these that he's trying to restore). At any rate, I liked talking about my Don Carlos and my "bomb". Much like myself, he honestly couldn't believe a complete stranger sent me this stick (and others).

#5. I'd smoke it again

Thanks again NorCal! I enjoyed this smoke a lot! I'm a little apprehensive to post this and clutter CP with such drivel, but it's the least I can do to attempt to show my appreciation.

nice review - I am still too green to post my 1st review - I have one of these in the humi - plan on smoking it during the Steeler game on Sunday - I have a nice PADRON, thanks to rangerdoug, that I hope will be a victory cigar after the game.

Really nice review, keep them coming! :thumbs:

Good job Brett and thank you for the review, I do appreciate hearing what people think of the cigars that I send them.

You just enjoyed one the most popular cigars on this board, I do believe it was a AF Cuban Belicoso not a AF Don Carlos. I always keep at least a few AF Cuban Belicosos in my humidor, along with the AF Chateau Fuente.

:cool:

I had my first Don Carlos today (belicoso, I believe). It was pretty good, I'll definitely be picking up some more when I have more humi room.

Good first review mate. Nothing beats a true enjoyment in good cigar gifted by a true BOTL. BTW AF DC Robusto is my favorite everyday go-to smoke. Try it out you will not be disappointed.