• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AF King B

Mark Twain

Call me Ishmael.
not sure what msrp is on this, but Tampa Sweethearts has them for $120.00 including shipping for a box of 18. Might wait to see how this works out as I haven't gotten the box yet, but it seems like a hell of a deal. :D

Seems so at least :whistling:

anyone ordered from them?

I have ordered from Tampa sweethearts in the past and they are great. They were out of the cigars I ordered one time so they called me within five minutes to let me know and we worked it out. Cigars arrived just fine and timely, even though the cigars were not very good. They were "tampa sweethearts" though. Nice deal on these!

Brandon

These guys are affiliated with Fuente (they're family), so yeah, buy with confidence!

These guys are affiliated with Fuente (they're family), so yeah, buy with confidence!

Exactly - this is a vendor you definitely don't need to worry about (particularly for that reason).

I've thought about this deal before, but based on feedback/reviews from many of you guys, I'm quite puzzled with King B's - are they worth the money or would one be better off investing in a box of Habanos?

The box price is spot on for single MSRP ($6.50) - and they're great to work with.

For that price, it's worth having a single to see if you like it - I think it's a good smoke - and gets better with a couple years - but not something I'd age a box for.

From what I hear you want to throw a year on em. I have had my share (7.99) of unaged and thought they were worth the money.

Anyone try the Flor De Ybor City line at Sweethearts?
Which vitola?
T :cool:

Anyone try the Flor De Ybor City line at Sweethearts?
Which vitola?
T :cool:

I smoke 2 of the Flor De Ybor City's. (thanks to xRanger!!!) They where the #85, and IMO, they where pretty damn good!

David

Just an over priced dog rocket from the 3 I have smoked with different ages on them. I dont see time helping them at all. Cuz they have all sucked. OMG...I am trashing a cigar by AF. :laugh:

Just an over priced dog rocket from the 3 I have smoked with different ages on them. I dont see time helping them at all. Cuz they have all sucked. OMG...I am trashing a cigar by AF. :laugh:

Loren, I don't mean to disagree with you, but I must. These are definitely not dog rockets. While I have only smoked about five of theses they are a pretty decent cigar. I think the issue in the consistency is off, No two have a the same taste profile. I can't figure why that would be the case since, of the five cigars two came from same box and the two were from another box and the other I got as a single. Go figure.

The cigar has an overall sweetness to it, but not all have it to the same degree, therefore my consistency issue, YMMV.

not sure what msrp is on this, but Tampa Sweethearts has them for $120.00 including shipping for a box of 18. Might wait to see how this works out as I haven't gotten the box yet, but it seems like a hell of a deal. :D

Seems so at least :whistling:

anyone ordered from them?

MSRP is 8.50 per stick according to this website.
Some people have had issues with the KingB's from Tampa. Once the cedar wrap is removed small drops of sap are found on the SG wrapper.
Let me reiterate this again, "Some People" are having issues not everyone.

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.ph...uro+Fuente+King

I bought from another vendor paid more but didn't have the sap issue.
I happen to like AF SG sticks.. I wonder how the Flor De Ybor City Belicoso are?

I agree these are not dog rockets. IMHO of course.
Frank

if these are available by the box at that price they can't be too good.

MSRP is 8.50 per stick according to this website.
Some people have had issues with the KingB's from Tampa. Once the cedar wrap is removed small drops of sap are found on the SG wrapper.
Let me reiterate this again, "Some People" are having issues not everyone.

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.ph...uro+Fuente+King

I bought from another vendor paid more but didn't have the sap issue.
I happen to like AF SG sticks.. I wonder how the Flor De Ybor City Belicoso are?

I agree these are not dog rockets. IMHO of course.
Frank

I'll check them out when they come.

Loren, I don't mean to disagree with you, but I must. These are definitely not dog rockets. While I have only smoked about five of theses they are a pretty decent cigar. I think the issue in the consistency is off, No two have a the same taste profile. I can't figure why that would be the case since, of the five cigars two came from same box and the two were from another box and the other I got as a single. Go figure.

The cigar has an overall sweetness to it, but not all have it to the same degree, therefore my consistency issue, YMMV.

Too each there own...I let one sit out for many hours to see if it would help, it kinda did. but still very disappointed in them. I have 3 i am saving in hopes they get better. yeah, I have hope but I dont see much promise from them still. Not many I know in person thinks they are that good but all hope they get better. I guess you are supposed to take them out of the humidor for upto 2 days before you smoke it. It solves the burn issue. I have not done this yet but the next time I smoke one i will. I guess it really helps but I will know in Dec.

The deal is nice and I would jump on it if I thought they was better.

I've gone through an entire box of these that I bought from them earlier this year and just finished my last one today. I really enjoy them as a kind of everyday go to smoke - an earthy slightly spicy taste with a touch of sweetness. Each one has tasted the same. I did have an inconsistent burn with each, uneven and had to relight on occasion. I think the price is good for what you get. Taste had gotten just a tad smoother after a few months.

if these are available by the box at that price they can't be too good.

I don't understand your logic, why is that?

I'm confused as well. I thought that the company was directly associated with the Fuente family and sold at msrp.