• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Affliction - Day of Reckoning

Pyre

Back with a vengeance
Anyone else looking forward to the fights this weekend?

I'm VERY curious to see how Fedor matches up with Arlovski. A lot of the pride guys have wilted under pressure from the UFC's best. But others have not... After what Fedor did to Sylvia, I have to think he hasn't lost much. Arlovski has been stunned plenty of times, and I'd have to think that Fedor will come out fast like he always does. He'll come in swinging then take the fight to the ground. Arlovski's best chance is to sprawl and brawl, but I got to pick Fedor to win by submission, round 1.

Arlovski's training with Freddie Roach will be a good improvement to an already solid stand-up boxing game.

Providing Arlovski doesn't get bum rushed and crap his pants like Tim Sylvia did, I'll be interested to see how that matches up with Fedor the longer the fight goes on. Fedor doesn't seem to have much weakness, but Arlovski will be able to stand up and throw with him I do believe, and might put more pressure on Fedor than most people think.

The line is somewhere around 3 to 1 on Arlovski, and that's good value IMO, I know I'll be on it.

I didn't think Arlovski had a chin, and he showed it earlier tonight!! I just wanted to add.. Fedor beating or knocking out Arlovski does NOT make him or solidify him as the greatest PPF in the world (as has been said over and over)!

I didn't think Arlovski had a chin, and he showed it earlier tonight!! I just wanted to add.. Fedor beating or knocking out Arlovski does NOT make him or solidify him as the greatest PPF in the world (as has been said over and over)!

I agree completely. Arlovski was beat twice by Sylvia and I doubt that anyone would call him even top 15 pfp. I was really surprised that AA even got the fight. I thought Burnett deserved it and I believe that he would put up a better fight and best chance of beating Fedor.

Can you believe that Fedor's salary was $300,000 and AA's was $1.5 million.

2009 is pretty well wrapped up for Lesnar. I doubt that Mir will even get close to victory now. The winner looks to take on the winner of GG and Carwin. After a couple more fights I would love to see a Fedor v Brock. Would be a monster fight

"They say" Fedor's bonus was over 1mil.

I thought that was a very bad showing for Fedor. AA was getting the better of him before the KO. I believe this fight has provided a blueprint for how to beat Fedor. But the thing is, I don't think there's any Heavyweights out there with the skillset to do it right now.

It was a good event.
I thought that Fedor win was a a lucky one.
Arlovski basically dominated the fight up until he got caught.

But did you saw the knockout that took place in the fight before Arlovski VS Fedor?
I cant remember the names but he was out cold for 10 minuets!!

It was a good event.
I thought that Fedor win was a a lucky one.
Arlovski basically dominated the fight up until he got caught.

But did you saw the knockout that took place in the fight before Arlovski VS Fedor?
I cant remember the names but he was out cold for 10 minuets!!

That was Vitor Belfort KTFO Matt Lindland. That looked like Vitor from before his sister was kidnapped. If this in fact what we can expect I look for a real challenge for Silva... and I think he could beat him.

"They say" Fedor's bonus was over 1mil.

I thought that was a very bad showing for Fedor. AA was getting the better of him before the KO. I believe this fight has provided a blueprint for how to beat Fedor. But the thing is, I don't think there's any Heavyweights out there with the skillset to do it right now.

The lack of heavyweight talent is the reason it would be hard to say Fedor is the PFP best fighter in the world. Anybody can look great against avg fighters. Its what you do against the "greats" that define you. What would he do against someone with the skill set of anderson silva? Silva is great on his feet (good movement and extremley accurate striker) and is OUTSTANDING on the ground. Or, St. Pierre who is another all around fighter. The smaller guys as in most sports have the deepest talent pool

Fedor is a good fighter so I don't want to sound like I'm bashing him. He hasn't really fought anyone in their prime and had a clearly decisive victory. He couldn't finish Mirko or Big Nog. He ducked Barnett once before and all of a sudden they are friends and he doesn't want to fight him. Sherdog ranked AA as the number two HW but I believe that was just for hype. You can't be top ten and have no chin.

In Lesnar's first year he fought more top talent that Fedor has in the past 4 and I have an issue being called the best PFP in the world. Beating Coleman who can barely make it out of the first round (gassed) for years is not a top fighter and has not been for many years.

If he dodges Burnett again I think he will really start to lose respect in MMA.

Just my 2 cents. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Fedor was being controlled by AA until the shot to chin. I cannot believe how quick he folded up!! Fedor seems to find a way, similar to Minotaura. Both fighters seem to struggle for stretches but pull out the fight.

Brock vs. Fedor would be cool. I really wonder how Brock could handle a powerful shot. Randy got him once (cut him), otherwise he has been pretty much untouched.

Fedor is not the PFP best, but he is on top of the heavys IMO (based on his history). Brock doesn't have the track record, so he would be #2, although he has everything he needs to take the tops spot.