• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

After 6 months on layaway...

RoguePuffer

So I am really glad my local pawn shop has a 6 month layaway program. Today after 6 long months of waiting impatiently, I get to pick up my new to me, WWII era High Standard H-D Military .22 pistol. It is one of the most accurate production pistols made. It has 6 3/4" bull barrel from the factory. I have a bunch of match ammo I have been saving up over the past year... Time to go drive some tacks!!!! If anyone needs me, I will be at the range!

Will post pictures later this week when my wife gets home from her trip with the camera.

Nice. Those are great pistols.

Yeah they are UNTIL YOU GET A MESSED UP ONE!!!!!....

Well I picked the gun up from the pawn shop today and headed out to the range. dropped 10 rounds into the clip and chambered a round. Click, hammer drops and NOTHIN! :0 WTF so I pulled the hammer back and let it go again and bang. Ok mabey its just trying to remember what its suposed to do after sitting in the pawn shop so long :blush: pull the trigger, bang.. ok I guess it just had stage fright :thumbs: another bang then click! DAMNIT! :angry: so I am thinking well mabey its this match grade ammo, too good for the grumpy old WWII gun.

Toss in some cci blazer same story, winchester super x same, remington varmnit same, federal trophy same. so I end up trying 6 different ammo and this thing deffinaly has issues. after the first couple misfires I took the slide off and cleaned and oiled everything just to make sure but that obviously dident help.

Completely ticked off, having had the only bad day at the range I have ever had, I went back to the pawn shop looking like this :angry: I slammed the gun down on the counter and everyone in the store looked my way. the guy behind the counter looked up and said whats wrong. Loud enough for the whole store to hear I exclaimed "this F***ing peice of crap you sold me missfires ever other round! :angry: " OH the man said well thats not a problem... It isnt????? No we will just send it out to our gunsmith to have it fixed. And what are you going to give me to shoot in the mean time??? We dont loan out guns sir. And apparently you dont sell guns that function properly either. (the man standing next to me looking at buying a pistol handed it back to the salesman and said nevermind and walked out) So how long is this going to take at the gunsmith? Um I dont know a week or two, mabey a month. but it will be shooting like new! Oh you mean it will be shooting like it was suposed to when I purchased it and wasted my gas and ammo going to the range and back??? Well we are going to fix it sir. well how much are you going to give me back for my time and fuel? Like I said we are going to fix it. Wow I am so glad you are going to have someone who knows guns look at this thing, like they should have when it came in...

RANT RANT RANT.... I know I am pissed, needed to vent GRRRR :angry:

Ok I am done now :whistling:

I'll send some Swisher Sweets out tomorrow, those should help ease the pain PoorPecker... :laugh:

Oh course I'm kidding, we have several inside jokes, we have the utmost respect for each other, right RogueSucker? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh course I'm kidding, we have several inside jokes, we have the utmost respect for each other, right RogueSucker? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Absolutly Your Highness may the ISP be with you.... dinkbag

Absolutly Your Highness may the ISP be with you.... dinkbag

Bromances... :rolleyes: Wussies. :p

Fine, your portion of the box split magically got smoked! :p J/K

You sir, get a middle fingah in your eye.

You sir, get a middle leg, in your eye!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice. Those are great pistols.

Yeah they are UNTIL YOU GET A MESSED UP ONE!!!!!....

Well I picked the gun up from the pawn shop today and headed out to the range. dropped 10 rounds into the clip and chambered a round. Click, hammer drops and NOTHIN! :0 WTF so I pulled the hammer back and let it go again and bang. Ok mabey its just trying to remember what its suposed to do after sitting in the pawn shop so long :blush: pull the trigger, bang.. ok I guess it just had stage fright :thumbs: another bang then click! DAMNIT! :angry: so I am thinking well mabey its this match grade ammo, too good for the grumpy old WWII gun.

Toss in some cci blazer same story, winchester super x same, remington varmnit same, federal trophy same. so I end up trying 6 different ammo and this thing deffinaly has issues. after the first couple misfires I took the slide off and cleaned and oiled everything just to make sure but that obviously dident help.

Completely ticked off, having had the only bad day at the range I have ever had, I went back to the pawn shop looking like this :angry: I slammed the gun down on the counter and everyone in the store looked my way. the guy behind the counter looked up and said whats wrong. Loud enough for the whole store to hear I exclaimed "this F***ing peice of crap you sold me missfires ever other round! :angry: " OH the man said well thats not a problem... It isnt????? No we will just send it out to our gunsmith to have it fixed. And what are you going to give me to shoot in the mean time??? We dont loan out guns sir. And apparently you dont sell guns that function properly either. (the man standing next to me looking at buying a pistol handed it back to the salesman and said nevermind and walked out) So how long is this going to take at the gunsmith? Um I dont know a week or two, mabey a month. but it will be shooting like new! Oh you mean it will be shooting like it was suposed to when I purchased it and wasted my gas and ammo going to the range and back??? Well we are going to fix it sir. well how much are you going to give me back for my time and fuel? Like I said we are going to fix it. Wow I am so glad you are going to have someone who knows guns look at this thing, like they should have when it came in...

RANT RANT RANT.... I know I am pissed, needed to vent GRRRR :angry:

Ok I am done now :whistling:

Aren't you the guy who suggested talking to people like this?:

Mr. X

I see that you are having an issue with some of our fine cigars. What you have shown me in the photos does not apear to be within the standards of our companys QC. We here at Tatuaje consider each and every one of our cigars to be the finest in its class in the marketplace. I would like to personaly extend to your my appolagies. We do have a method for addressing thease rare situations when QC comes into question.

I would like to ask, if it is not too much trouble, that you please return the product you purchased to the retailer that you bought it from. I will be contacting the retailer with strict instructions to return your cigars, along with another sample bundle from his shelves to our factory where our skilled QC team can inspect and disect the both bundles to see if this was a fluke or a real issue that needs to be addressed.

I will also leave instructions with the retailer to not only provide you with a replacement and a refund, but also to provide you a few other cigars in our lines that I personaly belive you will thoroughly enjoy. I would like to thank you for your time and concerns, and sincerly hope that this isolated incident dosent tarnish your view of our fine cigar company.

I would also like to ask that you provide me your address so that I can send you out a swag bag just to say thank you for alearting us to this issue.

They seem worlds apart to me. With all due respect to "The Customer is Always Right", talking like that would've got you thrown out on your ear had I owned the shop.

Aren't you the guy who suggested talking to people like this?:

Mr. X

I see that you are having an issue with some of our fine cigars. What you have shown me in the photos does not apear to be within the standards of our companys QC. We here at Tatuaje consider each and every one of our cigars to be the finest in its class in the marketplace. I would like to personaly extend to your my appolagies. We do have a method for addressing thease rare situations when QC comes into question.

I would like to ask, if it is not too much trouble, that you please return the product you purchased to the retailer that you bought it from. I will be contacting the retailer with strict instructions to return your cigars, along with another sample bundle from his shelves to our factory where our skilled QC team can inspect and disect the both bundles to see if this was a fluke or a real issue that needs to be addressed.

I will also leave instructions with the retailer to not only provide you with a replacement and a refund, but also to provide you a few other cigars in our lines that I personaly belive you will thoroughly enjoy. I would like to thank you for your time and concerns, and sincerly hope that this isolated incident dosent tarnish your view of our fine cigar company.

I would also like to ask that you provide me your address so that I can send you out a swag bag just to say thank you for alearting us to this issue.

They seem worlds apart to me. With all due respect to "The Customer is Always Right", talking like that would've got you thrown out on your ear had I owned the shop.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Dang Clint, you made my day!!

Agreed, I wouldn't expect you to get very far with that type of response. GLWT though :thumbs:

Roguepuffer, obviously this is what nobody would want. But you need to think about something. You purchased a gun from a pawn shop. Not a certified used gun from a vendor. That is a risk you take in purchasing used firearms. That pawn shop owner bought that gun off some fella and put a price tag on it. It wasn't inspected by a gunsmith and test fired. Be glad that the shop owner is getting the gun repaired for you and that it is not going to cost you extra.
B