• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

After 6 years of drooling, I bought my dream car

dixieland_conjunction

If it isn't dixieland, it isn't REAL jazz
I was a senior in HS when the Solara came out and I've been drooling over them since. My red '99 MT will be here from Maryland by Sunday :love:

I've been actively looking for a 5-speed, V4 with a sunroof for about 9 months and I finally found one :D I wanted green, but I'll deal with red. Who knows when I'd find another of any color ???.

I'm sooo excited. I'll be confident enough in my car's reliability to travel around the state more. I think I'll head up to the mountain next weekend for some infrared photo shooting. :thumbs:

There's only 1 problem......what to smoke in celebration when it gets here :p

Cheers,
Dixie

CONGRATULATIONS on finding your dream car.
Smoke a good one to celebrate and crack a bottle of fine wine on the side for good luck. :D

What is a Solara? Never heard of it....

Correct me if I'm wrong Dixie, but I think it's basically a two door sporty Camry.

Looks a lil something like this:

Solara.jpg

Wildcard said:
What is a Solara? Never heard of it....

Correct me if I'm wrong Dixie, but I think it's basically a two door sporty Camry.

Looks a lil something like this:

Solara.jpg
Yup. Maybe you guys were expecting a Lambo or Porsche, but I'm more realistic in my dreams (sometimes ;))

I can comfortably afford the solara. I could really stretch to afford my other dream car (I seem to be the only person to like them), but that would leave NO money for cigars :( I'm not willing to do that. ;)

4coupe800.jpg

Cheers,
Dixie

Glenfiddich makes a Solara for about $40 :p

I have a Feeling that AVB's Solara would taste better, but kindof hard to drive :0

dixieland_conjunction said:
I was a senior in HS when the Solara came out and I've been drooling over them since. My red '99 MT will be here from Maryland by Sunday :love:

I've been actively looking for a 5-speed, V4 with a sunroof for about 9 months and I finally found one :D I wanted green, but I'll deal with red. Who knows when I'd find another of any color ???.

I'm sooo excited. I'll be confident enough in my car's reliability to travel around the state more. I think I'll head up to the mountain next weekend for some infrared photo shooting. :thumbs:

There's only 1 problem......what to smoke in celebration when it gets here :p

Cheers,
Dixie
I thought all Solaras came with V6s? Is that a misprint or is there an inline 4 model? (You know what comes next)

inline 4 is the base engine in solaras and camrys. it comes with an auto or 5 speed. you can "upgrade" to a v6 which only comes in auto. i have a 99 v6 camry.

JonB said:

you mean inline 4 right? :p

have you joined the solaraguy forums yet?

http://www.zer0.info/solaraguy/index.php
Yes. :) and Yes, last night.

I purposely got the I4. I don't want, nor do I need a V6.

Car audio (SQ) is my only aftermarket concern. There will be no body kits, rims, or performance upgrades in this one (unless ot improves the fuel economy)....;)

Cheers,
Dixie

Car audio (SQ) is my only aftermarket concern. There will be no body kits, rims, or performance upgrades in this one (unless ot improves the fuel economy)....;)

hey mine too! i post as prophesized on there. is your name the same there as here?

JonB said:
Car audio (SQ) is my only aftermarket concern.  There will be no body kits, rims, or performance upgrades in this one (unless ot improves the fuel economy)....;)

hey mine too! i post as prophesized on there. is your name the same there as here?
Yup. :)

Cheers,
Dixie