• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Again.....people seeking equal outcome....

gawntrail

Check this out:

EQUAL OUTCOME

Leave it to the Player's Union to point out the fact that some people are making too much money. Good God. THIS is what is wrong with Pro Football..........and the very reason I like College Football better (although it is not perfect either).

What is you take on this?

M. Gipson

I think they should keep the salary cap, I'd hate to see the NFL end up like pro baseball.

Where did it say the players union think that the players are makin to much money? The players union wants the high revenue teams to share money that isnt included in the pool so they can increase the salary cap hence increasin the amount of money to be spent on players? If a team is making 200 million a year (im just throwing numbers out) they can afford to spend $80 million for the team. Are players paid alot for what they do? Yes but they should be getting paid a amount thats fair compared to what a team makes. Basic Supply and demand, you want randy moss to catch 20 TD's a year, your gunna have to pay him 20 mill :D

s0ber said:
Where did it say the players union think that the players are makin to much money?
I did not say that HE said the Players are making too much money...........I said He thinks SOME people are making too much money.

"Leave it to the Player's Union to point out the fact that some people are making too much money."

Here is what I was talking about:

(snip)

"Upshaw noted that the high-revenue teams such as Washington and Dallas get more local money, which is not part of the league's revenue sharing. The union is asking that high-revenue teams contribute more money to the shared pool, a move that would also increase the salary cap and provide more money for players.

"The money that isn't shared has gone from 30 percent (of total revenues) in 1994 to 37 percent today, and with revenues at almost $6 billion, that's a significant amount of money," he said. "We've had a good deal for 10 years now, and we want that to go forward, but the model has to change."

(snip) from posted link

Entitlement mentality. Even among those that make high 6 figures plus ???

M. Gipson

Seems reasonable to me. The NFL is the best sports league in the world...they'll get it figured out. The last think the league wants is 2007 to come up without a new extention. Without a cap the league will fall...just look the other professional sports leagues.

The NFL has thrived on fairness....if a few teams are getting non-pooled "bonus" cash...they need to pony up. it's for the good of the entire league. :)

The teams that get "extra" local money, they also didn't bilk the local taxpayers into buying the stadiums either. As always there is more to this story than is reported. Regardless, the players/employees are not entitled, either thru their union or not, to more money because team/company makes more money. Probably would be good idea to reward performance, but otherwise salaries are too high now.