• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

AGED TEN YEARS PLUS:: Padron 1926 Series 80th Anniversary Natural

Oldmancigar

I’m here to stay
I had taken a break for a number of years due to health concerns ( all is OK now )
and I keep my cigars in my custom made ten drawer, fully active humidified at 67. They have been treated as well as could be over
these many years…
When I looked through my collection I noticed that a majority of my cigars ( some of which are over twenty years old ) and are in cellophane
‘haven’t yellowed or turned brown and some only slightly.
‘Now, I come to the “Padron 1926 Series 80th Anniversary 80th Anniversary Natural” which were left in their small box of eight.
The wrappers are deep dark yellow/brown and seem to be upon inspection in perfect conditiion… BUT I think I may have kept them to long in storage.
Maybe, I should share one of them to a Padron aficionado? To get a expert opinion. Did I make a mistake? What do you think it will smoke like?

If properly humidified at 67%, you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. They should be fantastic, if not, it isn’t because you made a mistake. Did you get your box right around original release time? Those were the best in my opinion. The years after that were “ok”.

JFIELDS: YES, I purchased the cigars within the first couple of years of their introduction. i had trouble locating them online due to their popularity and the many reviews they were receiving. So, I took a drive to Little Havana and to the Padron company and was lucky to purchase a box from the daughter who was handling the small retail booth In the main lobby.

Photo of the wrapper color.. much darker than flash photograph.

Attachments

• 143E3BD8-B1A2-4B69-B963-176F56AB5C71.jpeg
    143E3BD8-B1A2-4B69-B963-176F56AB5C71.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
@Oldmancigar I seen some of the humi build picks in your profile, that is some outstanding eye candy. What's the story with what looks like LV luggage?

I appreciate your responses and Thanks.😃 for your complements. And yes they are a LV trunk from 1911 & a travel case from 1960’s.
They are ones I designed and had built with the assIstance of a master wood smith. But due to my past issues, I haven’t placed them on sale yet… Maybe one day.
so, they just sit in my closet…

jfields; I also enjoyed your photo journal of your Cuban cigars. Wish I had the wherewithal to locate some of them. Outstanding!
Eqwihipped: Thanks for your comment on my old story in the ‘90% of Cuban cigars are fakes’ thread

Last edited: