• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aging Cigars

I have aged both Cuban and non-Cuban cigars. I always try to stage my aging, not necessarily along the Min Ron Nee, but between 1 and 8 years. Nothing last much longer than that.

I do have some Savinelli's from 2004 and those turned into air cigars.

I have a few AF Hemingways that aged incredibly well and are at the 8 year mark now. These of course have Dominican tobacco.

I aged some Illusione HL's, and these also aged well.

My best impression is that it has to be quality tobacco to be aged no matter what its country of origin. And, stronger tobaccos have more to give than mild in terms of aging.

For this year, I smoked a couple of the Last Czars from Caldwell, and believe these will be an interesting cigar once a year is past, and will try to let a couple age a little longer as it seem to have the qualities that will modulate with time. 

And, for those that don't have the time or patience, if you want to smoke a well aged cigar, try a Paul Garmirian. Its a good example of what aging can do for tobacco flavor.