• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Air Circulation

Barnaby_J0nes

I feel like this must have been discussed here before, yet the search function provided me no answers. (i searched 'fan' and 'air circulation' among other terms)

Anyway, I was thinking about looking into some sort of small (2"-3" diameter) battery operated fan, that preferably operated on some sort of timer to put in my winodor for air circulation. I am aware that the winodor already has a fan, however my winodor is unable to be plugged in due to any number of electrical problems.

Does anyone here have any ideas regarding such a fan?

Thanks in advance.

If my suspicions are correct, and this has already been discussed, please point me to the correct place, and I'll be on my way (and will also apologize profusely)

I ran five big coolers for years before I got my cabinet, no fans required. Common wisdom holds that getting into the space to pull a smoke now and then provides plenty of circulation.

YMMV....B.B.S.

I have 4 fans in my humidor but their sole purpose is to help circulate the humidity and that is it..

I ran five big coolers for years before I got my cabinet, no fans required. Common wisdom holds that getting into the space to pull a smoke now and then provides plenty of circulation.

YMMV....B.B.S.

I have a fan built into my active humidification device for my cabinet humidor which has supplemental beads. Then there's a few 165 Qt. coolidors that use beads only. No difference without the fans. Save your money, and time. No need to worry as long as you have a good humidification system in place.

With most units you can probably can get away without a fan. If the ft3 is very large, you can first try a couple/few humification devices/beads distributed at different locations. I have a cooledor (~ 6 ft3), and one tray of beads workes fine. For whatever it's worth, contrary to what one would think, the humidified air will travel up as oppose to down.

Good advice was given above, but if you insist on getting a fan with timer I would suggest you look into an Oust fan. They don't manufacture tham anymore, but you can find them on eBay and Amazon. Fairly cheap and operates on a single D battery. Just be sure not to use the scented insert. It has a built in timer...that automatically runs the fan and turns it off peridocally. I want to say it is 15 minutes on then 15 minutes off, but quite fankly I've never been patient enough to observe it that closely. They are used by many BOTLs, and while maybe not the best solution, a suitable and affordable one.

With a cabinet humidor (6ft), I have found that you do in fact need some type of fan to keep the levels even. With two of the LG humidifiers, I still needed a couple fans.

Good advice was given above, but if you insist on getting a fan with timer I would suggest you look into an Oust fan. They don't manufacture tham anymore, but you can find them on eBay and Amazon. Fairly cheap and operates on a single D battery. Just be sure not to use the scented insert. It has a built in timer...that automatically runs the fan and turns it off peridocally. I want to say it is 15 minutes on then 15 minutes off, but quite fankly I've never been patient enough to observe it that closely. They are used by many BOTLs, and while maybe not the best solution, a suitable and affordable one.
I would have to disagree with you Dave on using Oust fans I found that they're not strong enough to move the air I did this ( link) http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=35094 to my set-up and it works great :thumbs:

I would have to disagree with you Dave on using Oust fans I found that they're not strong enough to move the air I did this ( link) http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=35094 to my set-up and it works great :thumbs:

That looks really good. How exactly do you have the fan set up? How do you attach it to a power source/ timer?

I have two Oust fans in my 18 bottle Vinotemp, not sure if they do much. I suppose it doesn't hurt to have them in there. If I could go back in time, I probably wouldn't bother with them.

YMMV....B.B.S.

What Tom said!
Plus, since you mentioned that the wineador is not plugged in, it basically becomes a cooler with a glass door. If you use PC fans without a running chiller unit, the heat from the fans may lower your internal temp.

With a cabinet humidor (6ft), I have found that you do in fact need some type of fan to keep the levels even. With two of the LG humidifiers, I still needed a couple fans.
No dis, but it really depends on how fussy you are about your RH. When I got started I'd freak out over a point or two and three was heart attack time. Over time you realize it almost doesn't matter. Really.

So, if I set my large vertical cabinet's hygro to 65% is runs 65% on that shelf, maybe 63% on the top shelves and maybe 67% in the bottom. Age in the bottom, ISOM's on the top, everything else in the middle somewhere.....for the win....:cool: