• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Albuquerque in early October

Robbmt

Thermal UP!!!!!!
Balloon glow and flights
little theater
tramway and dinner on top
biological park
bike rental for the bosque

Pretty much got those figured in already, Any can't miss museums or tourist traps?
Places to smoke?
disc golf? -- smoke in the parks?
best pizza in town?
other notable restaurants?

What else should I know about?

Good place to smoke is Monte's cigars on San Mateo just north of candelaria. Also new place on the west side of town off Coors just south of Montano.
Best pizza is Dions. Cant go wrong with the pep with green chili.
Mexican fool sadies on 4th for dinner and for breakfast go to Vicks on osuna order the vicerino. good stuff.

I will 2nd Monte's as a nice place to visit. Large humidor and usually has all the big name cigars (Opus, Padron Anni, VSG's).

Dion's Is the Best Pizza, although I usually go for Dion's Special - green Peppers!

Mexican food I am not a big fan of Sadie's, I would recommend Garcia's (not as big, not as big on ambiance also family run and very quick, as well as reasonable prices and big portions) a 2 other places to consider are Padilla's or Little Anita's.

Eclectic place to eat is Frontier Restaurant across from the university, best cinnamon rolls anywhere as well as a diverse group of crazy people to watch.

Tourist trap; Jackalope Pottery out in Bernalillo, has lots southwestern art and decor.

Old Town has Native American jewelry for sale by the artisans. As well as 2 nice restaurants, Hacienda or Las Placitas are both very good.

I am not a disk golfer but some of the guys at work do disc golf at Roosevelt Park, and yes you can smoke in the parks. Roosevelt Park has had a seedy past and may still have one. Definitely do not go at night.

If you have any other questions let me know.

last time I drove through NM I stopped by Church Street Cafe in the downtown or old town area of Albuquerque. Not a bad place for Mexican food. Very dog friendly! My suggestion is drive 90 minutes north to Santa Fe!!! :thumbs:

I highly recommend Montes on San Mateo for some great cigars. Also check out El Pinto on north 4th street for great New Mexican food. A good pizza place is called Ill Vacino on east Montgomery near Tramway Rd they also make great beer. A good cigar bar is in the Nob Hill area called Imbibe its a great place to smoke and have a few drinks. Any questions send me a e mail.

Thanks guys! I've been needing a break for awhile. Looking forward to getting out of town and going someplace new and playing tourist. We just happen to prefer mountain to beach. and the balloon fiesta schedule meets my available vacation time. So I figured its a match.

Dion's! Really!! It's a step above Papa Johns.

Go to Venezias, As close to NY Pizza as you can get in the Desert. {I spent the first 30 years of my life in NY}

I Move and now you go to visit, I'm hurt... ;)

If you go during Balloon Fiesta Go during the special shapes days and nights.

Take a ride up through the Jemez Pueblo {Rt 4 of off 505}, it's a beautiful drive.

Mexican food, go to Abueltas! Small family owned restaurant with great food and service.

Go to the top of the mountain and see tinkertown , very cool.

If still have my cell# call me, if not let me know and I will send it to you.

All the suggestions here are good.

I like Giovanni's Pizza.

My favorite burrito place is Dos Hermanos; get the number 3 breakfast burrito with chorizo and red chile. One note: everybody has there favorite New Mexican restaurant, so again, you can't miss with what everyone has suggested.

A really nice restaurant in Corrales is Casa Vieja. A little pricey, but well worth it. I personally like the Xmas Enchiladas.

Some of the best beer in town IMHO is at Marble Brewery; they have an outside area with picnik tables that you can smoke at.

The tram to the top of the mountains is nice, but expensive at $20 a ticket. I work on base and can get them for $10 each. Let me know how many you want and for what day; the discounted tickets are limited, so the sooner I can get them the better. The restaurant at the top, High Finance is nice, but I wasn't impressed with the food. It has a nice atmosphere though.

Madrid is a nice ride up 14 on the east side of the mountain. Used to be a mining town, but is know a hippie artsy town. They do have a biker bar and a mine museum, but I've never been to the museum. This is were the movie "Wild Hogs" was filmed at. Also on the east side is the Green Side Cafe.

If you like to hike, both sides of the mountain has hiking trails. There is also Tent Rocks, north on I-25.

If you take the ride through the Jemez you will find Bandelier National Park. Here you will find the ruins of some of the Ancient cliff dwellers. There is even a "cave" that you have to climb some really high ladders to get to. Definitely worth the stop! There are also Indian ruins to the south; Gran Quivira, Quarai and Abo. If you stop at any of these places be prepared to walk and bring plenty of water.

Send me a PM if you want the Tram tickets, or if you have any questions.

Any chance of having a smoke while you are in town?

Joe! I thought I had a chance walking away with some Boli's outta your stash. Mine are all gone, but I thought I could lure you out with some regional VR's. Maybe sometime if I head east.

Meeting up for a smoke? Chances are pretty decent, just trying to get an idea of a schedule now and will post more later.

Actual hiking, doubtful, maybe some light walks in the tourist area of the parks. I may save time and energy for a longer bike ride.

High Finance -- yeah what I figured for a restaraunt but I am going and have reservations for dinner after our first full day there, hope that sets a good tone for the remainder of trip.
Pizza will be her choice whichever night we decide to just do pizza.
Too many choices for southwest cuisine, I may challenge myself to not eat any other type of food after those first two.

Would driving up to Chama for a train trip be worthwhile or should I just plan more time for the jemez drive and national parks?

Joe! I thought I had a chance walking away with some Boli's outta your stash. Mine are all gone, but I thought I could lure you out with some regional VR's. Maybe sometime if I head east.

Meeting up for a smoke? Chances are pretty decent, just trying to get an idea of a schedule now and will post more later.

Actual hiking, doubtful, maybe some light walks in the tourist area of the parks. I may save time and energy for a longer bike ride.

High Finance -- yeah what I figured for a restaraunt but I am going and have reservations for dinner after our first full day there, hope that sets a good tone for the remainder of trip.
Pizza will be her choice whichever night we decide to just do pizza.
Too many choices for southwest cuisine, I may challenge myself to not eat any other type of food after those first two.

Would driving up to Chama for a train trip be worthwhile or should I just plan more time for the jemez drive and national parks?

Anytime my Friend!

The train ride is fantastic and you will be there during the perfect time for the color changes. I would highly recommend the Jemez drive. If you do it let me know because there are a couple of side roads you should pop on off of rt4.