• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Alec Bradley Maxx The Fix

iota

Alec Bradley Maxx The Fix (5 x 58). At first glance, I noticed the wrapper was a bit mottled or blotchy dark brown, which isn't particularly attractive to me. I heard one review that said it had a distinct "horse barn" smell. I definitely get that. Before I lit it up, the smell from the cigar is really strong and didn't particularly appeal to me either, but I wasn't going to let those small details put me off! I really wanted to like this one, just because the name is so ridiculous (I'm waiting for "Maxx XXtreme II XXLE For Men"). I was hoping that there was a really good cigar under there getting a bad rap for such a lame name (and I have read some really positive reviews).

After lighting it up, the actual flavor is a lot less potent than the unlit flavor suggested. Not nearly as full bodied as I expected, it's definitely more in the medium range. I thought the flavor was a bit muddled (maybe too much going on for my taste?) and a little harsh, but not too bad. The burn was inconsistent for me and just didn't want to burn straight at all. The ash was flaky, so I had a hard time keeping it on there for a good picture. Toward the end, it picked up just a little, but not as much as I was hoping. I'd classify it as a middle of the road smoke. Not something I'd enjoy for it's own sake, but not something I'd toss out either.

Oh, right I should also note that the draw was really good and this thing was a smoke machine. I had to open the windows and get some air going or I wouldn't have been able to see in the room. Luckily, the rain has stopped here in Burbank (finally!) Three days of rain is enough for me. Hopefully we're all clear until the next "wet spell" sometime in April. :)