• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Alec Bradley Tempus

flamchop

65/65
I've heard a lot of very good things about these Tempus', but had yet to smoke anything from Alec Bradley. I thought I'd make this my first.

Robusto 50x5
Wrapper: Trojes, Honduras Criollo 98
Binder: Trojes, Honduras Criollo 98
Filler: Trojes, Honduras, Nicaragua

Drink: Diet Pepsi

After letting this one settle in the cooler for a few weeks I decided to pull it out tonight. The cigar is firm to the touch. It appeared well-constructed with a nice wrapper, oily and dark. I really like the band design and the color scheme, and really like the foot band. The foot had me a bit concerned and looked a bit loose. I clipped the triple cap and toasted the foot to find out.

At first there was a little spice, lots of flavor, lots of creamy smoke and the draw was perfect. Through the first third I noticed a semi-sweet almost tangy taste which reminded me of maybe dried cranberries or raisins. The ash held well although it didn't look like it would... mostly light gray with some darker and lighter areas. The semi-sweet dried fruit taste continued through the halfway point, with a little added woody flavor... maybe cedar... maybe some nuts but mostly the full-bodied tobacco and sweetness with a lasting finish. At this point I had some major burn problems. While it stayed lit, it got very uneven. It never corrected itself so I had to do some touching up throughout the entire smoke.

Rounding third base I noticed some tunneling. At first it looked like a couple small tunnels but after a few puffs it was more like one big hole in the center of the ash. It really didn't have much of an effect on the smoke in terms of draw and flavor however. I smoked it down to the nub.

This is definitely a full-bodied smoke, I felt it afterward. Not exactly a spinning sickness but I felt like I had just smoked a powerhouse which I love. I really enjoyed this smoke despite the burn and tunneling issues and I would recommend giving it a try. There was plenty of flavor throughout and I wouldn't mind always having some of these on hand. They are at a good price point but I'm kind of iffy as to whether I'd throw down on a full box of these. But the more I sit here and think about what I just smoked, the more I realize how much I enjoyed it!

Phenomenal Smoke!! I love these, have a box of the Genesis and the Majestris. I do believe the wrapper is from the same crop as the Illusione's as well, another one of my favorite smokes.

Glad to hear someone else enjoyed it....because I love em!

I'll have to try again. I smoked one while visiting the shop the other day and thought it was extremely average. However, it had some notes that maybe a little age on them might be able to bring forward. Maybe I just got a bum stick.

Thanks for the review Kingantz....wait, uh, my bad. I just assume it's Greg now! :laugh:

This is a seriously good smoke. I've been thoroughly impressed with this line. My favorite still in the genesis though. Great little smoke at a nice price. Nice pictures by the way! :thumbs:

Great review,thanks.
Who is this Alec Bradley ?
Just curious ...

Anyway the cigar looks really beautiful,I also liked the band.
Seems like you enjoyed it.

I bought 2 and my first one tunneled BAD. I am letting the other one gain some time in my humi. What causes this tunneling??

I bought 2 and my first one tunneled BAD. I am letting the other one gain some time in my humi. What causes this tunneling??

The only one I've ever had burn issues with is the Majestri, other than that, the smaller ring gauges like the corona and the lancero have never given me any issues.

I've enjoyed a couple of the AB Tempus. I can't remember the correct names, but I had the Lancero and the Churchill. I really enjoyed the Lancero one the best. All of the notes you picked up on we're also the ones that I picked up also as I smoked it. I have the Robusto in my humidor now, and can't wait to fire it up.

I also really like these and think the price is pretty good. I've had the lancero (creo), terra novo, and genesis. I enjoyed the terra novo and genesis the most. I also think these really need to be kept at lower humidity, as the first genesis I smoked had some burn and draw issues but when I left the second one in my 62-63% humi for a couple of weeks it smoked wonderfully.

Anyway, thanks for the review.

Great review Mike! I don't believe I have one of these in the humis, but then again I have no idea what's in them as of today. :laugh: ??? Sounds like it might be worth a try.

These sticks are a great smoke. I have been on a kick of the Creo size (lancero) lately. Looking forward to trying the figurado shape (Magistri).

I picked up one of these today on the recommendation of the sales guy at my B&M. I havent tried it yet.