• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Allright, which one of you f**kers is a spy

Sorry to hear it bro. I can't believe there's not another system out there yet like PP.

eBay now owns PayPal, and eBay has long had a policy against anything tobacco-related. I can only surmise that someone at eBay is anti-tobacco, because it clearly isn't a liability issue (yahoo allows auctions of tobacco products without incident).

There are alternative payment systems, but they have their own problems. :)

Just use a money order, screw PayPal. I've never liked them for a variety of reasons.

as a lesson to those who do use it for our transactions, note that they flag keywords. Apparently, WOAM and Work of Art are among them. I just use "services" under the description.

Sorry to hear about this Gonz, it's really quite a bunch of crap!

I do use PayPal and never will. For me the check or money order deal works just fine.

we could use neteller. The problem with that though is there is a charge to put money in the neteller account

everytime i use scrupal, i put "services rendered" and that is it.

Sucks that this happened but it IS the policy they use and they don't make that policy a secret.

I don't have an account, just use MO or personal check. If it's a PP only item then I don't buy it.

I thought we agreed that the transaction should be listed as sex toys. They are still moraly acceptable to the banking right.

I thought we agreed that the transaction should be listed as sex toys. They are still moraly acceptable to the banking right.

Seriuosly? Sex toys are OK but smokes are not? What is the world coming to...

In all seriousness I have listed some things that will get by the moral police at eBay

1. Lincoln Logs
2. Handmade Candles
3. Personal Torchlight
4. Dominican Paperweights
5. Desk Clutter
6. Humifill
7. Dr. Gars Miracle Cure (non-medicinal)
8. Leakstoppers
9. Novelty Pacifier
10. AngryFish Attractant :laugh:

Fish

Edited for horrible spelling

I stopped using the devil when they imposed their self righteous rules!!

SCREW PP.

What about automatic weapons and RPGs??? Does PP accept that???
They do specifically prohibit Hi-Cap clips...Aparently, they figure if you can't kill 'em with ten rounds, you shouldn't be using their services.

Just start tagging everything as "weapons of mass destruction"... see how long our account lasts. :)

I'd fight this on principle alone. Unless the other party admitted to buying a cigar from you there is no way they can prove "work of art" means tobacco.

I'd get my story straight with the other person in this transaction so that they don't work one against the other and then send them a picture of the "work of art" and ask them to please explain why selling or buying a "work of art" is forbidden. :cool:

There is no way I'd give in unless they have absolute proof. Don't let them bully you.

Yeah, I had this happen to me as well, Gonz. I agree with AVB and Moki, just use money orders or personal checks (from guys you can trust). Although the electronic payment is faster, sticking a check or money order in an envelope isn't that difficult for guys to do. However, for those guys that still want to use PayPoo... just don't get cute. There is absolutely no reason to even write anything in the comments section - JUST LEAVE IT BLANK!!!! I've had guys before write all kinds of things in an effort to disguise the transaction when it's just not necessary.

I'd fight this on principle alone. Unless the other party admitted to buying a cigar from you there is no way they can prove "work of art" means tobacco.

I'd get my story straight with the other person in this transaction so that they don't work one against the other and then send them a picture of the "work of art" and ask them to please explain why selling or buying a "work of art" is forbidden. :cool:

There is no way I'd give in unless they have absolute proof. Don't let them bully you.
It's not that easy, trust me. It's also not just a matter of giving in to them. You don't have a "right" to use PayPoo. They provide you that right which can be taken away very easily. If they even suspect that you're selling cigars (whether they are correct or not) then that is all that they need to cancel your account, but not keep your funds. The people at PayPoo aren't stupid, contrary to what some think. For some reason, they have increased their interest in preventing this kind of activity and have gotten more sophisticated in their efforts.