• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aluminum Travel Humi as a Desktop?

GRAY GHOST

I just purchased a Craftsman Bench Explorer Travel Humidor. I'm pleased with the purchase but have some questions about it's use as a 'long-term' humi (not to age, just store until smoked). I travel quite a bit and was looking for a travel humi that was cedar lined instead of just the foam that I so often see. This traveler doesn't have the typical 'whoosh' sound as my other desktops. I feel that it's just the way it's made, being a traveler and not constructed like other desktops.

My question is do you think I can store smokes long-term (a month) while maintaining the proper PH levels in a traveler. It's seasoned, has Heartfelt beads as the humidifier, and a digitial hygrometer---so it's got what a normal 20 count Humi would need to keep my smokes fresh.
I just want to be sure that Travel-humis such as this one can store cigars for extended periods and be OK?
Thanks for the feedback, in advance.
???

I use my otterbox/sherman/pelican case for storage....it has an o-ring seal that helps. I check the humi-paks every couple weeks....never a problem.

Does that travel case seal well?

I think it seals well. Since it has a metal lid, it is just constructed differently and doesn't close the same way as my wooden desktops. I guess one test I can do is put the humidity devices inside and monitor for a few days to see if it's dropping drastically. That would be a clear way to know if it isn't sealed properly.
Now that I really think about it, the way so many others use ziploc bags, jars, coolers, etc as humidors you can use just about anything as long as it can be 'sealed' properly (no scientific data to back that up). So if the seal is intact on this humi, it shouldn't be an issue for long-term storage?