• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Amature help

It was a spelling error, not a blatant misuse of the shift key or the English language. Yea, we still point out if someone posts something with no caps, punctuation, or frequent spelling errors, but to "bust somebody's chops" for a single spelling error is pretty damn petty in my opinion. I would hope we'd be above something like that, much less pointing it out the way you just did.

Edit for spelling. :rolleyes:

By no means was I attempting to be mean spirited - it just seems to me that pointing out this sort of thing used to be considered sport around these parts. I have no problem letting it go - and will happily do so in the future.

It was a spelling error, not a blatant misuse of the shift key or the English language. Yea, we still point out if someone posts something with no caps, punctuation, or frequent spelling errors, but to "bust somebody's chops" for a single spelling error is pretty damn petty in my opinion. I would hope we'd be above something like that, much less pointing it out the way you just did.

By no means was I attempting to be mean spirited - it just seems to me that pointing out this sort of thing used to be considered sport around these parts. I have no problem letting it go - and will happily do so in the future.

It was by some, but usually that was reserved for someone who wouldn't use the shift key or was horrible with spelling.

Mrs. Crabtree is no longer with us.I think Clint is taking over for Bill now.

First of all - how is that nobody busted Rick's chops for the topic spelling error? I've not been hanging out in this forum as much lately - but really? Have things changed around here *that* much? Seriously - now that browsers point out spelling errors, there's really no excuse.

I was going to post some armature help, but I didn't think anyone else would get the joke. ;)

~Boar

Ha, that's great! Big bust on my spelling and no one caught the i before e except after c! Better be REALLY good at if your going to call it. :p

I just type faster than I'm capable of sometimes and didnt want to download the spelling ap on my wife's lap top. Glad I was able to provide some entertainment. It's the least a newb can expect to achieve.

I got a few from Jonesy. I guess I dont like redman if the Ciglo's are like that cause I really didnt dig those. The oliva G was WAY better than the V and the Rocky Patel Fusion was pretty okay. Still wondering if there is more sweet flavor our there wihout going flavored.

Niko has a shipment on the way. Ill report back.

First off, I would also recommend the newbie sampler trade. The locals around Cigar Pass really now how to take care of someone and are a big part of this place.

When I first started out my first really enjoyable cigar was a Vegas A. That is my go to smoke for anyone who is new or doesn't smoke much. So far they have been a hit for my local newbies.

I get a lot of enjoyment out of trying new cigars so enjoy the ride.

I got a few from Jonesy. I guess I dont like redman if the Ciglo's are like that cause I really didnt dig those. The oliva G was WAY better than the V and the Rocky Patel Fusion was pretty okay. Still wondering if there is more sweet flavor our there wihout going flavored.

:laugh:...you wanted something with a "chewing tobacco taste" and to me, those Siglos definitely had it!

Not sure of your habits, but there is a little more to a good smoke than the actual cigar. I usually don't eat anything at least an hour before I smoke. I drink some kalua with my cigars (not sure how I started that habit). I'm not too sure if you've tried a flavored cigar before, but I recommend trying a few different kinds of those. Tatiana, Tatiana Mocha, and CAO make VERY good flavored cigars. They all have a peppery/natural taste. I always have a good supply of CAO eileen's dream and Tatiana Vanillas in my flavored humidor. For the overall best cigars, go for Fuente Fuente Opus X and Camacho Triple Maduro. Both very, very strong so don't smoke them too fast. I made the mistake of smoking a triple maduro in like 20 minutes and I almost passed out. Also remember smoking cigars is primarily of relaxing and enjoying the better things in life. Dont smoke anywhere but your own little relaxed place. Its hard to enjoy a quality cigar when there is too much going on around you.

First off, I would also recommend the newbie sampler trade. The locals around Cigar Pass really now how to take care of someone and are a big part of this place.

When I first started out my first really enjoyable cigar was a Vegas A. That is my go to smoke for anyone who is new or doesn't smoke much. So far they have been a hit for my local newbies.

I get a lot of enjoyment out of trying new cigars so enjoy the ride.

Yeah, I have one coming from Niko. Should be here any day. Once I get through that, I am going to circle back to all these suggestions. Your right... trying them is half the fun!

:laugh:...you wanted something with a "chewing tobacco taste" and to me, those Siglos definitely had it!

I asked for it, indeed! :blush: As a newbie I should have had the sense to just say I dont know what I like instead of cutting off potential new experiences by trying to steer. Still... thanks for THAT experience! You da man.

Not sure of your habits, but there is a little more to a good smoke than the actual cigar. I usually don't eat anything at least an hour before I smoke. I drink some kalua with my cigars (not sure how I started that habit). I'm not too sure if you've tried a flavored cigar before, but I recommend trying a few different kinds of those. Tatiana, Tatiana Mocha, and CAO make VERY good flavored cigars. They all have a peppery/natural taste. I always have a good supply of CAO eileen's dream and Tatiana Vanillas in my flavored humidor. For the overall best cigars, go for Fuente Fuente Opus X and Camacho Triple Maduro. Both very, very strong so don't smoke them too fast. I made the mistake of smoking a triple maduro in like 20 minutes and I almost passed out. Also remember smoking cigars is primarily of relaxing and enjoying the better things in life. Dont smoke anywhere but your own little relaxed place. Its hard to enjoy a quality cigar when there is too much going on around you.

Hey Matt,

Yeah I usually smoke in the car on my 90 minute commute home. I work in a suburban area and live in the woods so its a peaceful country-side drive. No food since lunch. My very first cigar (as an adult) was an Acid so I know I could get hooked on flavored cigars very quickly. I am trying to find a tasty real cigar first.

Hey all,

I got my newbie sampler from NIKO. $50 got me way more smokes than I expected (about 20). The first one I tried was a Joya De Nicaragua and it was definitely above what I have been smoking. Even the CAO's I thought were the best so far.

The Joya was pretty complex with some of that chocolate and coffee flavor I have heard about. It went out about 3 times and even sucking on it un-lit tasted great!

Big :thumbs: for the newbie sampler thing! Looking forward to trying the others!

Eric

P.S. Let the "sucking" jokes commence :whistling:

Glad you liked the assortment I put together... The sucking comment... :whistling: I'll leave that one up to the guys to sort out.

Glad you liked the assortment I put together... The sucking comment... :whistling: I'll leave that one up to the guys to sort out.

Ok I know this post is late but, better late than never. With that said:

Yeah, thats what she said! :laugh: Sorry, I just had to say it.

On the other hand I know what Eric is talking about. The Fuente Sungrown Rosado is the same for me. Such a nice sweet taste on that wrapper.