• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Amazon Trip

Capt Redbeard

Son of a son of a sailor
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry it's been awhile since I've been on CP. I've been really busy with school and working, but to the good news... I'm going on the fishing trip of a lifetime on thursday. My dad and I are going to the Rio Negro part of the amazon in Brazil to catch some of the biggest Peacock Bass ever. Should be blast. These fish are some of the hardest hitting freshwater fish and some great fighters. But best of all is I get to go with my dad on this trip. I'm going out tomorrow to get a travel humidor to take some smokes with me along on this trip. Any tips for traveling to another country with cigars? or just traveling in general? I'll definitely be taking lots of pics to share with you all when I get back.

Anyone gone on one of these trips before? Supposedly there are very few mosquitos as well, because of the acid level in the waters.

Not trying to brag... ok a little :p

Enjoy your trip. I've always wanted to get down there and catch one of those big boys. It looks like a blast from what I've seen on fishing shows.

MC, i knew a little about those "willie" fish before hand, but now after watching that video it has cemented the fact that I'm not getting in the water at all.
The charter I'm going with, Amazontours.com, supposedly has set a few of the past world records. So I stand a good chance of getting pretty close, if not beating, a world record.

Brazilla and the amazon have a large number of vampiric fish just watched a documentery on it. I hope you enjoy the trip it is on my to do list.

UGH... less than 24 hours to go... It's killing me! I have a presentation to do in class today that basically determines if I pass or not, and I can't even concentrate on it. Picked up a travel humidor last night, so I'm making my stick selections when I get home, probably going to be heavy in Anejo, and maybe some special smokes I have saved up will be burned on this special trip.

UPDATE:
Just got to Manaus Brazil about 3 hours ago, been taking a power nap at a hotel. We are about to board a little charter plane to take us to a smaller cit on the river where we meet up with the boat. Between my dad, a friend, and myself we killed a bottle of Bacardi Anejo on the 5 hour plane ride down. :laugh: This is probably the last time i will have internet for the week. Thanks for the support guys.
Lightninrod, we picked up quite a bit of lures we thought my work as well as using anything the local guides suggest. The suggested bait seems to be these 6+ inch woodchopper baits that make all kinds of noise and splashes.

I'm back! The trip was a blast. The biggest i caught was a 15 pound peacock, my dad caught a 19, and the biggest on the trip was 25 which is within three pounds of the world record. This was not a vacation though, I was beat at the end of an 11 hour fishing day. It's tiring ripping these huge lures through the water all day long. Got to see a lot of cool stuff, smoked some nice cigars. I can't wait to maybe do this trip again. If anyone is thinking about going on one of this fishing trips, do it, you won't regret it.

here is a link to some pictures I took: http://www.flickr.com/gp/21771966@N08/154S39

Awsome pics Justin!! Not one with a cigar?!! ???

Beautiful fish, lovely country, family...........that is the best! :thumbs:

sweet pics. must have been a blast. if you get a chance can you give me some info to book a trip.

TJ