• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

American Gods ...

That's how I interpreted it, Michael. If I recall the book accurately (it's been awhile since my last read) he basically becomes the next djinn in the line.

Episode 5 is :eek::eek::eek:

~Boar

That's what I thought at first but then why doesn't he have the fire in his eyes as well?

That's what I thought at first but then why doesn't he have the fire in his eyes as well?

That had me confused as well, unless he was another god that specifically fed off of djinn or something.

Haha, not a snowflake, just not into the whole dude on dude thing that seems to be the latest shock scene.

While it's not what turns me on, I don't feel like I can really complain since 99% or movie erotica has been targeted at straight guys. Straight women seem to be finally being catered to. And, yes, now gay men can be added to that list.

That had me confused as well, unless he was another god that specifically fed off of djinn or something.

While it's not what turns me on, I don't feel like I can really complain since 99% or movie erotica has been targeted at straight guys. Straight women seem to be finally being catered to. And, yes, now gay men can be added to that list.

Before this topic steps beyond being borderline political/religious/taboo/dogmatic....

I'd like to say I wish TV and movies would just drop the erotica altogether. If I want to view that, a quick Google search is more than able to satisfy any fetish you can dream up.

Reactions: MX
I completely respect your point of view. And yes, I agree that I shouldn't have wandered into the political. Back on topic...

Y'all are going to make me recheck the book now for clues. :confused:

It's a large world. :D

Straight women apparently DO love male gay love scenes, btw. Kind of like guys get sweaty for girl-on-girl action. Who knew? But since buttons are apparently being pushed, I 'spect we best leave this one alone. o_O

~Boar

No worries...I just know that it's one of those subjects that can divide folks, and it was tiptoeing the razor's edge. :cool:

BTW Sense8 got cancelled. No season 3 pickup.

I heard that on Twitter today. Season 2 has been just okay, to be honest, not the wonderful kaleidoscope Season 1 had been. Shame when a story arc runs out of steam or loses its direction.

~Boar

I heard that on Twitter today. Season 2 has been just okay, to be honest, not the wonderful kaleidoscope Season 1 had been. Shame when a story arc runs out of steam or loses its direction.

~Boar
Still worth watching the first couple of seasons? I was going to cue it up this weekend.

Still worth watching the first couple of seasons? I was going to cue it up this weekend.

I found the first season just AMAZING. I've bingewatched the whole thing 3X now!

In season 2 now and it's not the same, but I think it might be heading to a big payoff by season's end. I'm going to hang in there with it.

~Boar

So we started watching "American Gods" on Starz. OK, it's a weird show, not at the point where I can recommend it but the jury is still out. A couple more episodes, then I'll make the call. Believe it or not, what struck me was.....the intro music.

I knew I'd heard it somewhere....racked my brain....and it hit me. I believe it's a remix / snip and loop job on the Trent Reznor / Atticus Ross cover of Immigrant Song. That one got remixed and was used as the intro for 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'. I'd forgotten how kick ass that cover was. Linked for your enjoyment, the 'original' and the remix used as the cover music for TGWTDT....

Beginning with Episode 4, the show goes off book; the central idea and, I assume, the big finish remain the same but the last three episodes are new material in the spirit of the novel but not from it. Episode 4 (which was astonishing) explores Laura's story; Episode 5 is a reboot of something that is from the book, but changes key details; Episode 6 is completely new.

The writers are having fun and it's all very Gaiman-esque still. Like Legion, though, it's clearly going to be a show where you have to be comfortable with not being entirely sure WTF is going on. :D

In other news, Sense8 got suddenly better again with Episode 6, so I'm hoping the rest of Season 2 will match Season 1's brilliance.

~Boar

Beginning with Episode 4, the show goes off book; the central idea and, I assume, the big finish remain the same but the last three episodes are new material in the spirit of the novel but not from it. Episode 4 (which was astonishing) explores Laura's story; Episode 5 is a reboot of something that is from the book, but changes key details; Episode 6 is completely new.

The writers are having fun and it's all very Gaiman-esque still. Like Legion, though, it's clearly going to be a show where you have to be comfortable with not being entirely sure WTF is going on. :D

In other news, Sense8 got suddenly better again with Episode 6, so I'm hoping the rest of Season 2 will match Season 1's brilliance.

~Boar

I really enjoyed Episode 6, I like the interaction between Laura and the savage Mad Sweeney (so far this dude is one of my favorite characters).

I really enjoyed Episode 6, I like the interaction between Laura and the savage Mad Sweeney (so far this dude is one of my favorite characters).

Oh gods, Episode 5 when the cops bust in and he doesn't know her name so he's calling her "Deadwife" while he's screaming at her floating in the tub? I laughed till I cried over that!

Mad Sweeney is a rather minor character in the book, actually. I think once they got the actor playing him on film and saw what they had they just went and wrote a bunch more scenes for him . . . he really is just great. :)

~Boar

Oh gods, Episode 5 when the cops bust in and he doesn't know her name so he's calling her "Deadwife" while he's screaming at her floating in the tub? I laughed till I cried over that!

Mad Sweeney is a rather minor character in the book, actually. I think once they got the actor playing him on film and saw what they had they just went and wrote a bunch more scenes for him . . . he really is just great. :)

~Boar

Yes! Great actor for that part.

So we started watching "American Gods" on Starz. OK, it's a weird show, not at the point where I can recommend it but the jury is still out. A couple more episodes, then I'll make the call. Believe it or not, what struck me was.....the intro music.

I knew I'd heard it somewhere....racked my brain....and it hit me. I believe it's a remix / snip and loop job on the Trent Reznor / Atticus Ross cover of Immigrant Song. That one got remixed and was used as the intro for 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'. I'd forgotten how kick ass that cover was. Linked for your enjoyment, the 'original' and the remix used as the cover music for TGWTDT....

Nice catch! I haven't listen to the song forever. Reminds me to see what else Karen O has been up to. I'm solo out of the new music loop.