• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

American Puro?

JHolmes763

Drinkin' the koolaid
Okay, this stems from a Facebook post by a friend, but his Cuban guide in Miami asked him for an American cigar. The humor was obvious, but it got me thinking if I could name an American puro... I couldn't off hand.

A little searching turned up Tatuaje La Casita Criolla as an all Connecticut Broadleaf cigar, but rolled in Nicaragua.

J.C. Newman turned up a cigar called The American.

Was the CAO American all US leaf?

What else is out there that's good? Any favorites? What could you name without searching?

I would check the Nat Sherman line, they may have an all US cigar.

https://www.coronacigar.com/cigar-brands/The-American/
The American Cigars
Everything concerning the new incarnation of The American is made in the United States. The boxes were constructed out of basswood sourced from within the U.S. and are made by Miquel Cabrera's Millenium Wood Box located in Miami. The labels were printed by Action Label, a company owned by Jason and Ryan Schenck that's located in Orlando. And Nick Nanavichit and Matt Cohen of Nsolo in Miami designed all of the art.

It's an American puro that features wrapper grown in the Florida sun by retailer Jeff Borysiewicz, a Connecticut Broadleaf binder grown by seventh-generation farmer John Foster, with fillers that include tobaccos from Pennsylvania and Connecticut Habano also from Foster's farms. The Florida wrapper has a slightly reddish tint to it and is dotted with oils.

"What is most important to us is quality and craftsmanship," says Peters. "Like small-batch distilleries and craft breweries, we want to source in America as much as we can and be open and transparent about the entire supply chain and production process."

The American was the one that I found. Never had it, but I'd try it.

Topper was my go to back in the day. Pretty sure they were based in Connecticut at one time.