• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

An Antique Humidor

BrewMeister

The Titus Pullo of CP
If you live near Buffalo, NY. Looks like a nice unit.

2e_1.JPG

LINK

Starting bid is $700. They say no shipping but I bet if you arranged to have it shipped (ie moving company comes out and crates it and takes it away) they would be fine with that. Maybe when I am retired and rich I will take on a project like that.

I wouldn't if I were you...at least not based on the info provided.

Antique, yes, and so is the finish. You would have to start with stripping it and refinishing - a monumental task. I'm guessing a pro would charge at least $1K. It appears to be a hardwood, possibly cherry, but who knows. Seller would have to show me that the piece was designed as a humidor. I have my doubts.

Old drug store humidors were really not humidors proper. I worked in a super old corner drug store in high school and they had one similar to this. There are no seals on the doors usually. The other one we had was glass fronted and had sliding doors front and back to allow stocking and selling. the gaps in that one were big enough for mice to walk in. All had a bowl of water just as stated for humidity- but the tin was to protect the wood more than anything else.