• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Analyzing Brady Quinn

Sweetrice80

Deaf Mofo
Last night, half of football fans in America were unable to watch this match up. The Browns vs Broncos. Let me tell you something, you all missed a good one IMO. First, lets give big time props to Cutler 447 yards and 3 TD. 447 yards, is this the Broncos of the old? Hell no, looks like a newer kind of era is starting over there in Denver. May take them a few years to get used to the run and gun style they are adapting to now.

Now on to Brady Quinn, Stats 23/35 239 2TD. Sounds impressive right? well not to get you browns fans to excited, the Broncos Defense is terrible, Mostly because they are still adapting to the newer and fresher run and gun style that their offense is doing and they are aging. Broncos rank 29th in PPG (27.9) 29th in YPG (389.1) 27th in Pass Yards Per game (242.8) and 27th in Rush yards per game (146.3). Holy mackro! that is terrible, in matter of fact that is so terrible that they are the only team that is Ranked 25th or less in all 4 categories. (thats worst than the lions). That aside, I have notice a few positive thing about Brady Quinn in his first start. First, did anyone else notice that he is a beast, Google him up and look at him, He is ripped jacked and looks more like a man on those fitness magazines, that Elittle looks at during his time on the crapper. :whistling: What does that mean, It means he will be able to take the beating of NFL blitz, He can and will be able to with stand some nasty hits from LB going full speed with their hair on fire. POINT ONE SUMMARY (TOUGHNESS)

Point two, he was able to stay in the pocket and bullet some passes through tight windows. If any of you watched the game, Holy shit that pass to K. Winslow in the back of the endzone. There must of been 3 or 4 guys around him and somehow Brady makes a bullet pass to Winslow for the score. POINT TWO SUMMARY (ARM STRENGTH).

Lastly Point three, the never give up attitude, if it wasnt for Winslow dropping a perfect 4th and one pass from Brady Quinn in Denver territory, He may of had a chance to win this game for them. Those plays leading up to the 4th and 1, I believe were terrible play calling by the browns, I totally understand you want a "rookie" (he is a rookie), to only manage a game, but Quinn was picking apart the defense all game. When are the browns going to realize that they need to play to "win" and not to play "to not lose". If this is their future, they should of game him the trust and faith that he was going to pull it off, well you need to give him the best chance to do that, the coaching staff IMO did not do that. However, he showed me enough this game to give him my POINT 3 SUMMARY (POISE).

This is most def a learning curve for Quinn, he has lots to learn, like taking more shots down to field to spread the field out. We all know hes got the arm, just be a little bit of a gun slighter will ya. He must also learn to feel the pocket rather than looking at the defenders. I seen to many times through out the game that he was not looking down field all the time, to be a successful QB in the NFL you need to be able to feel the Defense, Sadly that is one of the hardest things to teach, it is more of an inborn trait, so I have my worries there.

All and all, I respect every team in the NFL even those who I most hate which is the Browns. Was this enough for me to say we must watch out for the browns come week 17. Probably not, because the Steelers will more than likely be resting up for a playoff run while the Browns are in a rebuilding mode once again. Seems like the same old year in and year out. If the D, shows up for the Browns they have a nice future ahead, just too bad they always have to face the Steelers, haha because those are two for sure loses every year. Thanks for tuning in. :thumbs:

David :cool:

Very nice write up... I have him in fantasy and he got me some nice points last night.

Pretty good points Sweets!

Lot's of people in the area were looking for Quinn to be the second coming of Kozar, but like you said he is a rookie and played pretty well. Anderson is/will be a servicable back-up, he just not the guy I want playing when the chips are down.

The Browns, not to take away anything from the Broncos, are a terrible team with tons of in-fighting going on.

1. Take Braylon Edwards, he was basically benched on the field, I believe only one catch. The Browns just lack any other semi-deep threat, so he has to play.

2. K-2, he's a soldier...??? I am a big Winslow fan based on his intensity, but when it starts to be hurt the team, its time to tone it down a bit. I am not sure, but I believe he leads the NFL in offensive pass interference calls over the past couple season, many of these came when the ball was thrown to another recieve and K-2 just trucked a LB for no reason.

3. Browns LB are terrible. 3-4 only works with LB that are impact players. Willie Mac has played 14 or so seasons, Andrea Davis is one of the worst Middle line backers I have ever seen, Kam Wimbley is playing like Courtney Brown, Q'quell Jackson might be the only one worth saving.

4. Romeo Crennel a.ka. "Chef" He might be a class guy, but being a head coach is beyond him. He never calls players buy name to media, never seems to come down on guys for messing up. He is loyal to a fault. A few years back he refused to fire his Offensive Co-ordinatior going into a bye week. After a dismal showing the guy was gone the next week. Clock and game management (what penalties to take and which to decline) are huge question marks as well

5. Crennel wasn't the one to bench Anderson! It came from above, now one is actually saying it, but Willie Mac a friend from Romeo's glory days in NE alluded to it.

Basically whats this all mean? Quinn probably has the ability to be a good NFL quaterback, K-2 is probably going to be gone after/before the end of the season, Edwards is on notice, the Defense needs to "cowboy" up, and Crennel is out.

He was very good for the Irish two seasons ago - especially considering our porous offensive line.

Quinn is definitely a physical specimen. Holy cow, I don't recall a quarterback ever looking like that. Hopefully he isn't sacrificing flexibility (which I believe helps in injury prevention) for the sake of bulk.
He did look pretty good for the lack of playing time he's had in the league: I think you can throw him in with the young up and coming QB's in the league right now: Rodgers, Ryan, Cutler, Flacco.

I have never been a big Brady Quinn fan, but he played really well last night. I'm glad I had Winslow on my fantasy team!