• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

And a journey begins

StogiePower

So, if I'm posting in the wrong forum, mad apologies, but I think I have this right. Anyway, on with the story:

Traveled down to Florida today and went to a B&M to pick up a pipe and various accessories. While I was there, I thought "You know, what, I'll pick up a couple of ceegars while I'm at it. No harm can come of such a thing". So, in my youth and dumbness, I pick out a couple of cigars and trounce out on my merry way.

The cigars I pick were a Montecristo Churchill (If there's more to the name, I can't remember it.) and a Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1979.

Yeah. It gets better.

I finally get back home, put up my pipe and all that, and look at the DPG and say to it softly and lovingly, "You, my friend. Yes, you. You will be smoked."

Was that ever a bad idea.

I go outside, finally get the blasted thing lighted, and commence just puffing away. Going on the first 1/3, everything is great. I can't pick out any subtleties like I read in some of the reviews, but no big deal. I was enjoying it. It was the most relaxing thing I'd done in a good while. Then as I started on the next third, I started to feel...you know, funny. I'm like...what? Should I feel like this? But I shrug it off. I was going to enjoy that little bugger, and just because I felt weird was no reason to stop, right? So on I trekked.

And then, halway into the second part, I start going "Oh...wow...I think I need to sit." Do I stop smoking at that point? Nope! I'm still puffing away like the little engine that could.

But even determined idiots are eventually stopped in their tracks. I manage to smoke a little bit more, and then it gets to the point where even I say "Enough is enough". It was like 40 degrees outside, and I took off my jacket. I was left with a third of a cigar, a really sick feeling, and an hour and a half and being laid out like meat on a grill. All in all, definitely an experience.

Basically it'd be nice if someone could tell me I'm not a wimp for being knocked on my rear by that cigar. And it would be even better if you can say that without lying. :whistling: But there is my first experience in the world of cigars. Laid out in all its glory for you to laugh at. :p

I just bought a box of the 1979's and have em' resting. Great cigar especially at 4 bucks a pop. Getting knocked on your ass is good every once in a while...

Next time you go in, try a camacho triple maduro. I think you'll like it, it's a very tasty treat!

:whistling:

Edit:(sp)

I ran into the same thing with my first cigar, you're not a wimp, your body just isn't used to it. I had a Montecristo #4 do it to me though, lol, so if there's a wuss in this thread, that would've been me. I've smoked a couple of full cigars since though, and they don't even phase me anymore.

My hands and feet were tingling, my jacket was off, it was 41 degrees out, I was sweating, this was 10 min after I put the thing out. It lasted an hour or so, couple glasses of water and a slice of pizza later I felt ok enough to drive home. :blush:

That is too funny! You are not alone. I sometimes have a tough time finding time to smoke, so I thought I'd smoke one while walking my dog. I was doing pretty good, although it was harder than I first thought it would be. Until my dog started acting up a bit, I kind of forgot about the cigar and ended up sucking in a big lungful of Don Pepin and I thought I was going to pass out flat! Of course there were some people about so I had to maintain composure, right? Anyway, keep at it, find one you really like and you won't be sorry.

Welcome!

Steve

Don't feel bad I got superglued to the ez-chair by a RP Edge Maddie the other night. If there is one thing the veterans on here preach over and over when this subject is brought up is to make sure you eat something prior to smoking a cigar.

I don't know if you're a wimp or not but thanks for a good laugh. That was good. Don't feel bad.... I almost passed out off of an Opus Perf. #5 about 3 months into smoking cigars which was about a year ago. I was at work which made it even worse. You'll build up a tolerance. It hasn't happened to me with any cigar since.