• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

anejo 50

Lkyman

Sobrrrrrr
This was a first for me. The anejo 50 - a 5.25 X 50. After grabbing some Jack in the Box for lunch and eating the Ultimate Bacon Cheesebuger I was ready. Taking this out of the cello was a treat. I used my scissor cutter for a clean cut. Toasted the end for a few seconds and gave a puff to light 'er up. WOW - from the first full draw the flavor was incredible. This had a very mellow sweet undertone along with, to the best I can describe, a very smooth coffee and nutty flavor. I took my dog Zappa for a walk while I enjoyed this and notice about half way through the ash had yet to fall off. I was impressed. As this continued to warm up, the flavors were strengthening, but not overpowering the mellow experience. I enjoyed this down to leaving only about 1/2 an inch and walked away knowing the future trouble I am in. Hands down - A MUST HAVE. The anejo burned even and held great poise throughout. Never a relight or touch up, and the draw very nice.

Lkyman - Scott

Nice review. Anejos are among my favorite cigar and the #50 tops the list. :thumbs: And you are right - you are in trouble. lol The quest for more Anejos is both fun and frustrating at times. ;)

Nice review. I love these smokes. Makes me sad that they are hard to find, but I think that such a fact make one enjoy the cigar even more.

:thumbs: Nice review. I'd have to say it's pretty close to my experience with the Anejos as well. Except that I always get a taste of raisins. :whistling: Definitely a good stick.

Wilkey

The quest is on! Finding them is half the fun. Makes them even more enjoyable to smoke and even look at. Anejos remind me of feelings of good scores in my youth.

You have now smoked one of the best smokes that there is.

So what possesed you to eat at a Jack in the crack while having an Anejo in your pocket? :laugh:

Nice review! I just smoked a 50 about an hour ago during the game. Same experience as it can come across as more mellow than you might expect sitting down. Smooth thick smoke, nice aroma, and my feelings exactly on the sweet undertone (I think maybe the wrapper might give it that sweetness?).

I stood up to get myself a drink and POW! It's great post meal, but like you said not an overpowering smoke. I had to pick up 3 more, love these. :thumbs:

If you have the patience, anejos will get a lot better with just a little age on them. I have some with about 1 year age on them, and I have some that I purchased recently. I can tell a big difference between the two of them.

That's good to know, Pyre. I'm curious what difference(s) you noted between the two (fresh and aged). I plan on locking a few away and would be nice to revisit this thread a year down the road.

Thanks!

Well, the 1 year aged anejos have a more pronounced anejo flavor and less of the bitter tobacco taste. The fresh ones are good and very smooth, but they get smoother.

Thanks for the great feedback everyone.

atuck - I know - Jack in the Box. By far not a place I frequent, but happened to be there on my way home and was very famished.

smallg - I know the feeling. Hit me while I was walking Zappa.

pyre - Nice to know aging these brings out more.

ginsing - Now that you mention raisins, interesting...that may have been one of the flavors coming through I didn't describe. There was a slight chewy-ness to it also, but only for a couple of minutes.

And yes atuck - the quest is on to find a box of these or the 77. It has been fruitless so far. I hope to get some guidance or direction from a fellow BOTL or FOG. Maybe in the future - I'm still earning my stripes around here.

Lkyman

Do the Anejo #55's have the exact same flavor and taste as the #50's?
I would like to know whether or not there is a difference in the flavor and taste between the Anejo #50's and the #55's?
Does anybody in here know?

alexgtp said:
WTh are Anejo's?  :rolleyes:
[snapback]261873[/snapback]​
Not only WTH are Anejo's but where on this God-Loving-Green Earth I can find some... Every shop in Houston, TX I went to last weekend (about 5 shops total) said they either never heard of it, don't have it, or had it but sold out to some hawky-early-bird... :angry:

Nice review. While a great cigar I have to place the #50 at the bottom of my Anejo list. Smoking mostly the 46 as of late but never pass up a 55 or 77.

I will take a #55 or a #77 any day of the week; and twice on Sunday(thru Saturday:D )