• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anejo Shark

Ya I put it in one of my tupperdors in hopes that maybe its still smokable :(
First off, as Jonesy said, do not keep the shark with any other cigars.
It will just spread the mold to other cigars you own.

Secondly, this cigar will never be smokable.
Try again to take it back.
If they say no, talk to the manager.
X3. Smoking this will remind you of the aroma of old gym socks. The mold you see is only the "tip of the iceberg" as I can assure you the body of the cigar is permeated with nasty mold.

Mold sometimes happens, but what makes a great B&M different than a lousy one is customer service.

Get another, or your money back.

There must have been a problem with this years shipment of Anejo Shark 77's. Of the 5 I purchased this holiday season, 2 for sure had mold on them, 1 was suspected and 2 look fine. The 2 that looked fine I purchased at a B&M in Staten Island and the the other 3 a my local B&M. I took them back and they gave me the old "plume" excuse. But these had the same problem, it was in the foot of the cigar where plume doesn't develop. I questioned one of the guys who worked there extensively, generally the least helpful of the bunch, and he stuck to his story. There was only one small spot of mold on each of the two sticks, so I cut about 1/8" off the foot clipping off the visible mold and proceeded to smoke it. BIG MISTAKE! Completely different than and horrible compared to a mold free stick. The other had a small spot of mold at the other end. I wiped it down and kept it out of my humidor and segregated from any of my other sticks. So far so good.... but only time will tell!?!?!

Wow, I was sure that was plume. A Very respected rare fuente carrier in the houston area sold me three...all look the exact same like that on the end....i need to pull them from my rare fuente humidor asap.

Thanks for posting this.

They tried to give me the "its just plume spill" and didn't want to exchange it for me. They are usually friendly and helpful there but after this don't think I will be going back. Anyway, thanks for the help on this guys.

-lsuguy

They are either misinformed, or lying. It is mold.

There must have been a problem with this years shipment of Anejo Shark 77's. Of the 5 I purchased this holiday season, 2 for sure had mold on them, 1 was suspected and 2 look fine.

I must of been lucky, I was able to snag 5 sharks this past season and none of them have mold. I have been checking on them almost daily just in case but they seem to be fine (along with the other couple anejos I picked up this year. I do keep my humidor a touch on the dryer side, usually about 62-63% so unless it's already growing I don't really have mold issues. I don't recall seeing any mold on any of the sharks from the box my local had.

A not particularly intelligent female-type purchased a few Acid Blondies and returned ten minutes later with a lit and broken in half cigar. :rolleyes:

I don't know how she pulled that one off but I gave her a new one anyway, taking care of customers goes along way.

Anyways, I think I'm going to check my Anejos tonight.

There must have been a problem with this years shipment of Anejo Shark 77's. Of the 5 I purchased this holiday season, 2 for sure had mold on them, 1 was suspected and 2 look fine.

I must of been lucky, I was able to snag 5 sharks this past season and none of them have mold. I have been checking on them almost daily just in case but they seem to be fine (along with the other couple anejos I picked up this year. I do keep my humidor a touch on the dryer side, usually about 62-63% so unless it's already growing I don't really have mold issues. I don't recall seeing any mold on any of the sharks from the box my local had.

Yeah it's funny! Like I said, one place had sticks with no signs of mold and then the other did. I went back to my B&M a few times during the holiday season and noticed that the last few Sharks in the box had white spots all over them. I knew something was up because they never last long at all, but those last two or three sticks must've sat there for about a week. I don't know if someone ever bought them or if the owner finally just removed them from the shelf. If purchsed, I feel sorry for that poor b#stard. I wasn't sure whether it was the B&M or Fuente so I looked around online and found several complaints, past and present, about these Anejos in particular. I think it's safe to say the problem wasn't with the tobacconist. With such widespread issues over such a long period of time, I'm a little surprised A.F. hasn't done more to combat the problem.

Thanks for the info guys! I bought about 10 sharks in the past year but I must have been lucky...no mold. Since the thread started, I've checked them every day!

Moral of the story: Check your cigar purchases carefully before leaving the store.

Doc.

I agree! Don't just grab and run. Look it over. The young shop keep most likely doesn't know better. Take it back and talk to someone else. That or they think you don't know much and are just trying to force the sale. Remind them that retail 101 says that the real money comes from return sales. Meaning that if a return is true for what it is being returned for, that person will usually buy more!

Just my couple of pieces of copper.
Nick

I just gave up on it and learned from it. Thanks for all the advice though guys and especially to ken for his generous offer.

So I just wanted to reply to this since I got my package from Ken today. It was on the porch waiting for me when I got home from work. I was thinking "man thats a big box for just a couple cigars" pick it up and it weighed way too much for just cigars.

Not only did he include a nice 5'er of cigars but also an ashtray that was melted down from a bottle of grey goose. (hope that makes sense)

So in short I just wanted to send a big thaks to Ken and I hope I can pay it foward soon enough.

-Derek

Edited for spelling

My box of sharks w/ the gel pack from last year ended up developing mold after about 6 months in the humidor... nothing too bad, though. Brushed them off and they smoked fine.

The 2 boxes I picked up from this year w/o the gel pack both look good. Hopefully they stay that way.

Any B&M that "tried" to convince me that what you have is plume is one that I would avoid like a plague. What you have, is like what many have already stated... MOLD!! What I would love is to actually see the guy who tried to convince you otherwise; what a joker. :laugh: