• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anejo Shark

Anejos are IMO truly an excellent cigar. Not for everyone, sure, but I'd venture to say I've never heard anyone call it terrible.... except for last year.

Louie, where you talking to me? :blush: :whistling: j/k Bro. Happy Holidays and I will see you at the QSH IV

Best,

Joe

Uuuuum, ......maybe :whistling: but I got to figure out how to get some plant leafs to Australia :laugh:

The Sharks I have from 07' really honestly do suck, and I'm not joking. I bought them from a very good source who knows what he's doing in terms of storage and whatnot, but for some reason the moment they stepped into my humidor, they all sprouted mold.

I lost 10 of them from that batch, AKA HALF THE BOX. That said, the ones that weren't completely afflicted with mold, I did smoke, and they smoked like garbage compared to their Anejo brothers of the same year but different vitola. I don't know what it is, but Sharkies can be moldy...it is a sad thing to pay that much for a cigar to have it suck.

That said, I tried one of the current releases of Anejo #77s, and it was AMAZING. Not at all sweet like the previous releases, but nice and full-bodied with a hint of spice to go with it. I'd say go again Macy, but it sounds like you're done with Anejos... More for me I suppose, but you're missing out buddy. :(

Odd that. Because the only Shark I've smoked was an 07 and I thought it was supernal. Will have another in a few weeks (I'm smoking one every Christmas until I run out), so will see if they've fared poorly. I did have a slight bit of wrapper mold soon after receiving them (spot here and there), but wiped clean and they've looked totally fine since.

Yeah, the only bad I Anejo I ever had was smoked just a few weeks ago. Normally I smoke the 48s and love them to pieces. This time I tried the 55 and it wasnt my cup of tea. Could have been a bad stick, or just that I dont prefer that vitola. I have some sharks at home now that i cant wait to try. Hopefully no duds.

I burned a tasty 06 48 friday night and as usual it was smooth, sweet, and chocolate covered nutty!!!!

My only beef is every time I burn 1 I end up bying 4 more :whistling:

I entered this experience with a very open mind. I found the taste of tobacco to my lips to be outstanding. A distinctive amount of peppery spices came thru very quickly. But, I did not get enough smoke to really enjoy this stick; the draw was a bit stiff and the burn was uneven. The ash was a wonderfully white color, which made me hope the cigar would get better, but it just did not. I let them sit for a few months and try again.

The mystery is solved!

I just heard back from the person that gifted the shark too me, and he had just found out that the foot had been shortened to hide the mould in the cigar. He only noticed when he put one of the modified ones next to a fresh one.

Now, I take it that because the mould was cut off before it made it to my humi, the rest of my cigars should be fine?

The mystery is solved!

I just heard back from the person that gifted the shark too me, and he had just found out that the foot had been shortened to hide the mould in the cigar. He only noticed when he put one of the modified ones next to a fresh one.

Now, I take it that because the mould was cut off before it made it to my humi, the rest of my cigars should be fine?

:-/ Maybe, Maybe not... make sure you air your humi out good every day for a few days and keep a close watch on your cigars.

Hah!

I accidentally left it open a whole weekend a couple of weeks back (could have something to do with a bottle of gin that disappeared that very night). It took a fair amount of time to get my humidor stable again, but it sounds like the mistake was a good thing after all, as this happened after I smoked the rotten Shark.

Excellent.

The mystery is solved!

:-/ Maybe, Maybe not... make sure you air your humi out good every day for a few days and keep a close watch on your cigars.

Moki, you have to be one of the most patient guys I have ever heard of! I am certainly a lot more harsh with my critique of a new cigar. I usually buy 5ers to sample, but only recently. I used to make up my mind with 2, and still do when it is a more expensive stick. If they can't impress me with 5 cigars (or 2), I am not going to waste anymore time on them.

Care to play? PM me your addy, and I'll send you some Añejos that I know have been stored well... smoke 'em, and post what you think. If you still hate 'em, then you just don't like the Añejo profile.

The mystery is solved!

Ye of little faith... I told ya something was wrong. I wonder if they could even be fake? Now... PM me ;)

Moki, you have to be one of the most patient guys I have ever heard of! I am certainly a lot more harsh with my critique of a new cigar. I usually buy 5ers to sample, but only recently. I used to make up my mind with 2, and still do when it is a more expensive stick. If they can't impress me with 5 cigars (or 2), I am not going to waste anymore time on them.

Care to play? PM me your addy, and I'll send you some Añejos that I know have been stored well... smoke 'em, and post what you think. If you still hate 'em, then you just don't like the Añejo profile.

The mystery is solved!

Ye of little faith... I told ya something was wrong. I wonder if they could even be fake? Now... PM me ;)

Thank you for the kind offer.

I've had hit and misses with the Anejo #77 Shark. More bad luck than good. I've had recent Fuente products like the Power Ranger I had in Moscow. It burned so horrible and it was probably the worst cigar I'd ever smoked. I even got a headache from it. Even the Moontrance I had, thanks to a CP'er, was better than that Power Ranger. Hell, it only burned half of it. I should have taken some better pictures of it but didn't really think about it when I tossed it in the Moscow River. I know the humidity in the Armored Humidor was fine as every cigar smoked fine but that that Power Ranger. I had pairs of each cigar and the other Power Ranger I had smoked like a champ.

And we all know its bad when I talk crap about a Opus X or any high end Fuente product. I've experienced enough duds from them. But those numbers doesn't even compare to all the good ones I've had. :thumbs: