• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anejo Sharks at the local B&M

tolije

So, since Brickhouse educated me on the rarity of these puppies, I have been looking for them as I travel.

I was in Nashville on Saturday picking up the new car and decided to stop by the B&M close by. They carry many super premium brands (AF, OPUS X, Tatuaje, Davidoff, LFD, etc..) - most at MSRP, some barely over, and even some below. I didn't see any Anejos in the humidor. I though "Damn, I missed them". I had picked up a couple while I was in Texas last week and Brick told me that they do not last long after a shop gets them.

Well I asked the owner and he said that he hadn't received his yet. He expected them to arrive within the week. Since it is only a 45 min trip for me, I planned to go back down sometime during the week. My first opportunity was today. I got there and headed straight for the humi. I searched and searched, but no Sharks, no Anejos at all. I am now thinking "Maybe they haven't arrived yet". So I ask. The answer - "Came in yesterday. Sold the last one about an hour ago". He shows me the empty box. I notice the price tag....$9.75. Life sucks at this point.

Determined not to leave empty handed, I went back to browsing the humi. Within a few minutes, I spot these. I had just read about them on Moki's page this morning. I was thinking that my luck had begun to change. I had come across a, somewhat, rare smoke (only 200 boxes total). 2 boxes sitting there in front of me - at less than MSRP for the regular Noellas ($6.70 ea). I grabbed all that was left in the opened box (10).

I continued to browse and chat with the owner. He remembered that I had been in Saturday looking for Anejos. He felt bad that he only received 2 boxes and I missed out by an hour. He said that he had another rare smoke that he does not keep out on the visible shelves. He told me that it was about as rare as the Sharks and he would sell me one of them. So he gets out a ladder and reaches up to the top shelf and pulls down a partial box of Hemingway Between the Lines. I don't know how rare they really are, since I am far from a Fuente expert. The little guy on my shoulder was telling me that I was about to be taken for a ride and he was going to sell me some smokes that he couldn't get rid of on his regular customers. The guy on my other shoulder was saying "This may be exactly as he says it is and you will kick yourself later if you don't bite now".

So now I have 10 Tatuaje Noella Reservas and a AF Hemingway BTL. Oh, you probably want to know what he was charging for the BTL.... $14.

I continued to browse and chat. I saw a special display humi that was full of all sorts of Davidoffs. I asked if they lived up to all the hype I have read. He said that they did. I was thinking that If I am being suckered, I might as well go all they way. So I end up with a Special "R" ($13.50) and a Millennium PC($9.00). I decided to stay and smoke the PC there. It was rather tasty, so I picked up 2 more to take home.

So did I get screwed? Or was any of this actually a good deal?

His price on the BTLs(MSRP = $13.00) was pretty good so this guy sounds okay in my book. :thumbs: The Davidoff prices are pretty good too. I love the Davidioff Millenniums and the Special R's are nice smokes as well. You're lucky that your shop is a Davidoff shop because there are only about a hundred or so in the country. There are only two here in Connecticut.

For MSRP on the Fuentes check the Pinned thread in this section.

Congrats on the score sounds like you did well, but also had a chance to better. Still nice to hear there are B&M's out there with some integrity, who keep prices "real" ;)

Cool, I've gotta admit I'm spoiled working in an appointed Davidoff shop, with a pretty decent supply of Fuente products. (Anejos and Hemmi Maduros at Christmas, a healthy supply of Hemmis and VSG year round)

I do wish we had some Tatuajes though, but my wallet is much happier we don't. :laugh:

Thats great, I just picked up 4 Anejo #50 at my local B&M for 9 bucks a piece. Went back today to get another 4 (the daily limit) and they were all gone, had to settle on some Cojonu 2003's instead. This is my first year scoring some Anejo's so I am happy about the 4 that I did grab. They did have a nice sampler set with some Opus, Anejo, and a few DC Maximus I think, looked good.

:thumbs:

Nate

Congrats on the score sounds like you did well, but also had a chance to better. Still nice to hear there are B&M's out there with some integrity, who keep prices "real" ;)

I gotta find a B&M that does't charge 50% overhead.

Tony, sounds to me like you did great. You'll find B&Ms and sites gauging almost $30 for that BTL. Shame about the Anejo's though, but hey, at least you grabbed a couple when you were here.

Very nice on the Tats as well, ya bastid.

Tatuajes are one of my favorites, so I was pretty sure I did good there. But being new to the Fuente stuff, I wasn't sure how much above MSRP was still a good price. I know he was selling the Anejos for a bit less than I bought them for in TX.

I will be in in the vicinity of the shop again today. I think I will stop in and look around again.

Any recommendations on what new to try?

I would recommend anything Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Maduro if he has any.

I would recommend anything Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Maduro if he has any.

I think I saw a box box that had "Short Story" and another with "Best Seller". But can't remember if either were maduro. I will pick some up if they are.

Hey that's alright Tony he did the same to me the other day!

I went up to the B&M shop and asked about the Sharks and he says oh yeh your buddy just picked up the last 2 and the box to boot! :D

Sounds like you scored! :D

Was this at Uptown's Smoke Shop in Green Hills? They have some good stuff there.

I think I saw a box box that had "Short Story" and another with "Best Seller". But can't remember if either were maduro. I will pick some up if they are.

I doubt he has short story maduro's, but if he does, pick some up for me too, lol.

Hey that's alright Tony he did the same to me the other day!

I went up to the B&M shop and asked about the Sharks and he says oh yeh your buddy just picked up the last 2 and the box to boot! :D

That's how I roll :thumbs:

Cool, I've gotta admit I'm spoiled working in an appointed Davidoff shop, with a pretty decent supply of Fuente products. (Anejos and Hemmi Maduros at Christmas, a healthy supply of Hemmis and VSG year round)

I do wish we had some Tatuajes though, but my wallet is much happier we don't. :laugh:

My wallet's never happy. Every time I walk into the humidor I see AF, Tatuajes, 1926's calling my name. I agree, it will spoil you!

Great score tolije!

Was this at Uptown's Smoke Shop in Green Hills? They have some good stuff there.

Thats the place. You are the reason I found it in the first place. I stop in every time I get a chance. He has excellent smokes at some really good prices.

I can assure you the Short Stories and Best Seller's were NOT maduro. The maduro versions of those two vitolas have never been released. They are generally saved by the Fuentes for events tied to the Fuente's Dominican charity. They are among the most prized of the Fuente collector smokes.