• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anejo time of year..

DarrenR

I swear I am number 8!
:D Well, I am sitting here wondering if anyone has heard what the stock will be like this year and if there is a set release date. The only local B&M I have will maybe if he is lucky get one box since he is not a major Fuente dealer. :(
So, I am trying to get some inside trading info. If the amount being shipped is not looking good this year I will move my purchase funds to a new sock item. LOL :laugh:
So anyone have a scoop????
Thanks
DarrenR

:D Well, I am sitting here wondering if anyone has heard what the stock will be like this year and if there is a set release date. The only local B&M I have will maybe if he is lucky get one box since he is not a major Fuente dealer. :(
So, I am trying to get some inside trading info. If the amount being shipped is not looking good this year I will move my purchase funds to a new sock item. LOL :laugh:
So anyone have a scoop????
Thanks
DarrenR

Well, about all I know is my B&M won't be getting any :angry:

I think Christmas is typically the next big release.

mmmmmmmmmmmm, Anejos. :p

Wish I had saved some from the OR. They were fantastic, but I'm so lacking in self control.

And yes, Xmas time is about when I expect we'll see more.

mmmmmmmmmmmm, Anejos. :p

Wish I had saved some from the OR. They were fantastic, but I'm so lacking in self control.

And yes, Xmas time is about when I expect we'll see more.

All I have of the OR's is the complete set that smokelaw1 sent me :rolleyes:

:sign:

:cool:

Are the ORs good because they have age or because they are the original blend/batch of leaves?

The wrapper was aged longer in cognac barrels. It didn't really flavor them so much as add depth and body to them.

Are the ORs good because they have age or because they are the original blend/batch of leaves?

The wrapper was aged longer in cognac barrels. It didn't really flavor them so much as add depth and body to them.

This was a technique taken from Cuba... from what I've read, Avelino Lara started aging Cohiba leaves in rum barrels back in 1968, these leaves were also fermented three times. I guess the Fuentes couldn't get Havana Club barrels so they went to France :sign:

This was a technique taken from Cuba... from what I've read, Avelino Lara started aging Cohiba leaves in rum barrels back in 1968, these leaves were also fermented three times. I guess the Fuentes couldn't get Havana Club barrels so they went to France :sign:

Also, using Havana Club barrels would make them illegal in the States, like the Glenfiddich 21yr.

I smoked a #48 of last years variety to celebrate the coming holiday season :)

To answer your question ultimately everything ,I guess, will get shipped. The question is what dealers in your area will get what product. I've talked to several different dealers and they all give me the same answer. When they get the cigars in they get what ever the factory sends them. They can't order specific sizes. For instance one year one dealer might get 48's and 50's. The next year the same dealer might have 49's and 77's. I don't want to get anybody jealous, but in my area I have 3 or 4 B+M's that will recieve shipments in.

The B&M I went to last week was trying to charge something like 40 bucks before sales tax for a #48 :angry: I think I will just wait to try one of these until I see one in a pass

Any place that is willing to ship to asia without breaking my balls ?

My shop will get them but I won't get a chance to buy any because the filthy rich old guys come in and buy whatever boxs they get in.

:( I know the feeling TBaGZ. I am usually not quick enough to the local B&M either. Since I anly have one that is worth a damn I am really hosed. :cool:

Anejos are something I will not be buying this year. :laugh:

All year is an Anejo time of year! ;)

I had samplings of an OR #49 last night right along side of '04 #49 and there was a very distinct difference between the two. I'm not sure if it all had to do with the age, but the aforementioned observation may have some influence. It was very mellow compared the the newer one. Smooth, very full, no bite, but still had quite a nicotine kick. It didn't seem to change much from start to finish, until the last two inches became pretty bitter. It was a good smoke. :thumbs:

I usually have luck at the B&M that sells with reasonable prices and a low tax here in MO.

They usually have a limit per day and I have to make a couple of trips but I will try to score what I can and make some available. After I get mine! :laugh:

I usually have luck at the B&M that sells with reasonable prices and a low tax here in MO.

They usually have a limit per day and I have to make a couple of trips but I will try to score what I can and make some available. After I get mine! :laugh:

Thanks Robbmt, put me on your list for a few :thumbs:

:cool: