• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anejo's

tdog

Is $70 too much for a fiver of Anejo's. These are so hard to find and I've had one from the NST with wam79. They are GGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!

Thx for the info.
Brian

MSRP on these is $6.50. $70.00 for a fiver seems a little steep IMHO.

Swifty said:
[snapback]231622[/snapback]​
This has been discussed ad nauseum around here. Can you get them at MSRP? Sure... if you're lucky. It shouldn't be considered the expected price for these.

The limited release of these + various state taxes add to the higher price you expect to pay on them.

vewyphishy said:
Swifty said:
[snapback]231622[/snapback]​
This has been discussed ad nauseum around here. Can you get them at MSRP? Sure... if you're lucky. It shouldn't be considered the expected price for these.

The limited release of these + various state taxes add to the higher price you expect to pay on them.
[snapback]231624[/snapback]​

True. In addition to that, when you do find them there is frequently a 2 stick per vitola limit. I don't think the price is exorbitant. There are certainly ruthless gougers out there who charge much more than that.

Do you want them? And can you find them anywhere else for less? Do you like them that much? If yes to all 3 then I say go for it! It wont kill ya. And you will enjoy the $hit out of them. Just my .02.

I wouldn't pay 2xMSRP but that's just me, I only pay MSRP for them.
It's not a matter of being "lucky" I just refuse to pay ridiculous prices for these.

MSRP for a 48 is $8.00. I'll pay $8.00 for those but I won't pay $12.00 for them, that's crazy. They're a good $8.00 cigar but they're NOT a good $12.00 cigar and they're a lousy $30.00 cigar.

Yeah... I'm waiting for the holidays too... I've already started popping my the b&m once a week to see what Fuente has sent them... last week I actually scored an Opus X "A" for less than MSRP, including taxes... very suprising for a Tinder Box, but I know the couple that owns it and they cut me a decent deal from time to time.

Value is in the eye of the beholder...

Around my area, anejos are very rare. I had bid some 5er's on cigarbid up to around $14 per stick. They went beyond that and I was actually a little relieved to have lost.

If you want em and can afford em, get em. :thumbs: If you think you might be paying too much, just don't tell anyone what you paid :p

Waaaay too high...Just keep your eyes open in the Buy/Sell room and someone should offer to pick some up for close to MSRP since the holiday season is upon us. Patience is a virtue ;)

I didn't bid on them again, my gut told me that if I was asking if it was too high then it was probably too high. Glad I lost that one and I'll keep an eye out for some on here.

Thanks for your opinions, you guys rock!!

tdog said:
I didn't bid on them again, my gut told me that if I was asking if it was too high then it was probably too high. Glad I lost that one and I'll keep an eye out for some on here.

Thanks for your opinions, you guys rock!!
[snapback]231996[/snapback]​

They ended up going for $77.

The issue that I now have with this thread and the other "Look at me" thread by Atuck is that for me and Atuck...living in California, there is no such thing as MSRP. We have a 46.72% tobacco tax, so that makes a $7 cigar a $12 cigar right off the bat. And with the rarity of said cigars, the price will always go up. No matter what the cigar is...but especially the Anejos and Opus X. If I find an Anejo #46 at $12 I salivate. As CoventryCat says, "48 is $8.00. I'll pay $8.00 for those but I won't pay $12.00 for them, that's crazy." I start to pay $12 and it goes up from there. I don't have a choice...our state says so. The internet is just as bad. So for any of you to bash us for paying over MSRP, your just looking for a fight. It would be great to live in a state such as AZ or PA that don't have high taxes, but we don't. SO we pay what we have to...internet or B&M.

-Fetter

fetterjohn said:
The issue that I now have with this thread and the other "Look at me" thread by Atuck is that for me and Atuck...living in California, there is no such thing as MSRP. We have a 46.72% tobacco tax, so that makes a $7 cigar a $12 cigar right off the bat. And with the rarity of said cigars, the price will always go up. No matter what the cigar is...but especially the Anejos and Opus X. If I find an Anejo #46 at $12 I salivate. As CoventryCat says, "48 is $8.00. I'll pay $8.00 for those but I won't pay $12.00 for them, that's crazy." I start to pay $12 and it goes up from there. I don't have a choice...our state says so. The internet is just as bad. So for any of you to bash us for paying over MSRP, your just looking for a fight. It would be great to live in a state such as AZ or PA that don't have high taxes, but we don't. SO we pay what we have to...internet or B&M.

-Fetter
[snapback]231998[/snapback]​

I guess we all do what we have to and pay what we must wherever we are at.

BTW I don't think CC was "bashing you". he just said that to him it seemed crazy for him.

Comes down to availability for me.

When I first started buying these I had no sources for MSRP and so I fed the gougers. The 77 was one of my first smokes and how could I not be hooked? I bought them wherever I could fing them!

Having smoked my share of them now and putting some effort into finding better sources, there is no way I would pay that much.

( anymore :whistling: )

tdog said:
Is $70 too much for a fiver of Anejo's. These are so hard to find and I've had one from the NST with wam79. They are GGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!

Thx for the info.
Brian
[snapback]231617[/snapback]​

Wait until around Christmas. Our local shop owner will have em at MSRP plus tax. :thumbs:

cigarsarge said:
tdog said:

Thx for the info.
Brian
[snapback]231617[/snapback]​

Wait until around Christmas. Our local shop owner will have em at MSRP plus tax. :thumbs:
[snapback]232046[/snapback]​

I guess we need to keep in touch with you in about 3 months...eh Sarge!!!

-Fetter :whistling: