• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anone else hear Pepin products up 15% price?

Dsav101

Women it seems are the antichrist.
Just got an email talking about Pepins products going up by an average of 15%? Anyone can confirm this? Might have to stock up a bit on some of it if it is true. Thanks!!!

Don

B&M George (Smoke76) works at up in Northeast MD.

Very true, stock up now. All prices will be increasing, it was either a 15% or 20% price increase.

There is nothing for anyone to answer. DPG prices are going up anywhere from 10 to almost 20% on some sizes/blends (based on cost). If you are buying at your B&M, you will see retail prices go up, on average, about a .80-1.00 a stick if the retailer holds his margins (and they will).

Noriega has put mandatory 15% annual wage increases in place in Nicaragua, so you are going to see increases in other brands as well. We also just got a price update sheet from La Flor Dominicana.

Retailers with large inventories will be able to hold thier prices until they place their next orders at the higher prices.

And while we're on the subject of higher prices, look for coffee to be going up soon as well. You might see a .50-.75 increase per pound sometime around mid-March. At least that's the word from our supplier in Ybor City.

To bad, and they are opening another factory, I was hoping quantity would be going up and prices down.

Noriega has put mandatory 15% annual wage increases in place in Nicaragua, so you are going to see increases in other brands as well. We also just got a price update sheet from La Flor Dominicana.

If that's actually where the money is going, I don't mind paying it.

I did get the price list today with the increases. They are going up about a buck a stick on average.

Al

Well... that is really not exciting to hear about... But on the other hand, living in California I am used to getting raped on prices anyways... I will still stick to the internet for all my Pepin/Opus purchases... ~J

Sorry but looks like I'll have to pick up a new favorite brand. DPG's sticks are beyond fanastic, but I can't even dream of paying higher prices. I really hope the increase is for the workers though. :thumbs: (very worthy cause for an increase)

Ortega, rather than Noriega, I think?

Curious if the Miami-rolled stuff prices went up as well...

If that's actually where the money is going, I don't mind paying it.
x2!

That may be one source but in addition, IMO, the weak dollar is kicking in.

Brian

Looks like we may be in for an increase across the board -- It's a shame , the people that are gong to catch the brunt of this will be the B & M--So support your local B & M's. Hopefully it's just a rumor.