• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anone else hear Pepin products up 15% price?

Looks like we may be in for an increase across the board -- It's a shame , the people that are gong to catch the brunt of this will be the B & M--So support your local B & M's. Hopefully it's just a rumor.

You have heard from more than a couple retailers on this thread. It is not a rumor. We have the new price sheets and it's right there in black and white. And yes, Miami made stuff is going up as well. The reason is probably due mostly to rising costs of labor, materials and fuel/shipping. Also a bit of "striking while the irons hot," thrown in there as well, I'm afraid.

Maybe someone else can answer this. I don't know how many price increases DPG has had over the last few years. If they have not had an increase over the last 2 or 3 years (as everyone else has), this may be a "catch-up." But it's a hefty catch-up.

Damn,

Ok, anyone have a time line on this? There were a few boxes I wanted, but was in no hurry to get, now I may have to make the jump.

The price increase is in effect now or at least that is what I have on paper. 10%-20% depending on the line but yes it is NOT a rumor my new price sheet has no effective date on it so I assume it is when I pick up the phone and order the new prices will be charged. A word to the wise, Buy now and get them at a better price. Most larger web sites will go ahead and increase the online price or cost average on current inventory then increase later.

This can be upwards of $50 a box in some cases it appears. Flat out sucks IMHO.

then i can hope the dealers on here are gonna want to give us the get them while there low sales

I'm not going to stop smoking Pepin's products, but I won't be smoking a couple a day.

Doc.

Looks like we may be in for an increase across the board -- It's a shame , the people that are gong to catch the brunt of this will be the B & M--So support your local B & M's. Hopefully it's just a rumor.

You have heard from more than a couple retailers on this thread. It is not a rumor. We have the new price sheets and it's right there in black and white. And yes, Miami made stuff is going up as well. The reason is probably due mostly to rising costs of labor, materials and fuel/shipping. Also a bit of "striking while the irons hot," thrown in there as well, I'm afraid.

Maybe someone else can answer this. I don't know how many price increases DPG has had over the last few years. If they have not had an increase over the last 2 or 3 years (as everyone else has), this may be a "catch-up." But it's a hefty catch-up.

I was wondering if anyone could please point me to a state that has sufficient economic growth for an electrician, who needs a 20% income growth. :sign:

I'm getting the impression that if its got Nicaraguan tobacco it's going up in price. Worse things have happend with Ortega in power. Perhaps some of you remember, Nicaraguan cigars sucked.

Doc.

It figures that this price increase come right after I have my first JJ Maduro, which I loved by the way. I prefer it much more than the regular JJ and Blue label.

btw, anyone have any experience with Cigarplace.biz? seems like they've still got some DPG's at the lower prices. I think I'll be picking up a box of JJ maduro (robustos).

That is a serious drag. So I jumped and just ordered two boxes of Vegas Cubanas. One in Corona (currently one of my favorite smokes), the other in the Magnates. I like the whole line for a first smoke of the day. Always flavorful and seem to keep the flavors I like as they get some age on them.
I wanted to get more, but I spend too much on smokes already ??? . Otherwise, I would get a box of JJs and El Rey de Los Habanos.
I had built up a pretty good stash of full bodied beasts, due to the SCHIP threat, so now I'm trying to convince myself that I have enough....it aint easy.....must resist :D .

It figures that this price increase come right after I have my first JJ Maduro, which I loved by the way. I prefer it much more than the regular JJ and Blue label.

btw, anyone have any experience with Cigarplace.biz? seems like they've still got some DPG's at the lower prices. I think I'll be picking up a box of JJ maduro (robustos).

I've spent a good chunk of change with them. Run good deals fairly regularly.

Ugh...this stinks. About half of the cigars I buy anymore are Pepin products. I guess it was inevitable.

I've spent a good chunk of change with them. Run good deals fairly regularly.

Monk- Glad to hear from someone that's had experience with them. I'm always wary when I purchase from a new online retailer. I had a bad transaction with Thompson's before I joined CP not too long ago. If only I had joined CP before then! Ah well. I just picked up a box of JJ Maduro Robustos from Cigarplace.biz for 129.95. Much lower than any other retailer I could find.

and if anyone's interested, they only have 2 more boxes of the JJ Maduros left! (nearly every other site has them for over $180)