• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anonymous Almost Pass

Firestorm

OK guys.........this is not exactly a pass......and may be just a hair brained scheme.......( odd since I have no hair left to speak of), but a great chance to learn some things about each other in a fun way and get some great cigars back from your assigned pal.

Here is the deal.  I would like to start something that will last 6 months, ending in December as the finale.  Total cost to you will be 7 cigars, plus shipping.  

The goal is to get some cool cigars, while learning about your cp brothers.  To accomplish this I suggest:

Anyone who wants to play will send me their names and Snailers.  I will then cross assign randomly each player with another player.  Players will know only the person they are to SEND to, NOT who is sending to them.  What I propose to happen is that each will send their anonymous friend ONE cigar a month on the 10th.  Try to get them a cigar they would like from everything they have posted, or that you know about them.  With the cigar you will send a note including ONE unknown event/ item of interest in your life.  ( be as obscure as you like)  You will send these packages to me, who will resend them to your pal ........otherwise the originating address will give you away. ( NOTE.. if you dont trust me to do this we can get someone else who is willing, to do the receipt/ remail process) (I will pay for the resends)

Here is the deal.  When you get your cigar you will post What your "pal" said about himself.  Keep careful track of what hints were given about each poster, because in December you will be asked to make a list of whom you think each "pal" is based on the clues provided.

IN December I will ask you to send me your list of the identity of each assigned passer and their partner.  And with it ONE cigar.  The person who gets the MOST right will get all of the cigars sent with the lists.  

This will be Way fun, and the winner can expect to get at least 10 cigars............. (because I am only going to bother with this if we have 10 or more who want to play, and if as many as 20 or so sign up there will be 20 in the pot.)  Ties will split the cigar win pot.

This is the initial sketch of my thinking.  If you have tweaks, suggestions or a suggestion for me to drop dead  Just say so!

I dont expect to get anything out of this for myself except the chance to learn a lot of things about you guys......since I cannot play if I am making the assignments!

Anyways  there is the idea, adopt it or kill it.  But I was just brainstorming about ways to get to know you guys better and to enable us all to do the same.  Neatest part is sending ONE cigar costs only about 1.80 or so, so the shipping wont kill you like a pass that lasts 6 months would!

I will announce who each "partner" was after I get your lists in December so you can each know who was referenced by each of these posts, and can assign these obscure items of knowledge about each other to a player, giving us all the fun of knowing a lot about each other!    (This is where it gets fun)

If interested let me know.  I would like to start in JULY.

* NOTE* if I am killed or die during this pass I have left instructions to my survivor to turn it over to any willing neutral non playing party with all of the assignments so it still finishes.  (NOT that I intend to die in the near future...........but Lightning CAN strike

:D

Additional note:

If we dont have an interest in this by the end of the week I will crawl to Dave and beg him kill this thread :p

Shouldn't you accept requests annonymously, therefore no one knows who is in until after it starts? Second, once you make the pairings, are they both sending sending cigars to each other via you? Or say if I am send to John Doe, John Doe could be sending to Joe Smith, and Joe Smith to somebody else. Just curious on the ground rules.

Emo

Sounds like fun, I believe you already have my snailing info, if not, it's in my profile, and if you don't feel like looking, then the PM I'm sending should cover it :p

Great idea, this is gonna be a blast

-Tony

The players in this will probably not be sending to the same person who is sending to them, because I am cross randomizing the players. I am acting as a go beween on the passes because local postmarks would give you away to your partner, whereas if they are all from here no giveaway information is leaked.

Also I am indeed accepting anonymous entries/players. Most of the discussion in here will be folk asking the ground rules, and clarifying things until this is flying. It is likely a lot will want to play, so anyone on the boards is a possible candidate.

I am shooting for 10 or above on this, so once we have that many it is not going to be easy to guess which of the remaining folk are matched to whom. Since they will be posting on the board the "obscure hints" sent to them with their pass, we will of course be able to narrow our range of pairings to those posting in the boards......but dont think that will make this easy :D :D

Dude, let me make sure I understand....

Everyone is going to send the cigar to you, and you will in turn send them back out to the correct recipient?? Isn't that gonna cost you like a bundle in USPS fees?

:D   Well......it will cost me around 15.00 a month with 10 players.  But it seems worth it for the fun.  Remember I get to learn a lot about everyone :)  And get to host an event that I think will be WAY fun ! :thumbs:

OK we are up to 4......... other players??!!! Come on guys this is more fun and costs less than some women I dated as a youth!

Cost less that a date when you were in high school...dunno bout that, I heard 4 bucks went a long way back in the 40's

:p

Sounds like a fun twist, count me in!

You have my snailer, Bro! :D

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

40s!!!! dont date yourself bro!!

Firestorm said:
:sign:  :sign:  :sign:  :sign:  :sign:  :sign:  :sign:  :sign:

40s!!!!  dont date yourself bro!!
I'd be willing to bet I am the youngest or next to youngest on the board. :p So whats the count up to?

Count is at 4, I think some of the usuals have a lot happening with the Holiday coming up this week. I may hold this open into next week to account for people travelling /vacationing. :D

LOL or they may just think it a stupid idea. It would not be my first! (Or probably my last either.) :sign:

" If you build it they will come" :thumbs:

Not looking good guys.... Not many takers... I will give this til Wednesday..Small showing and it will die LOI :(

Step right up folks.......did you not always want to play detective??? Join this sleuth pass..

* dismounts soapbox*

Lets go Ladies and Gentlemen...Oh where oh where did all the good passers go?

Firestorm,

Count me in in Southern California....... Will snail you the details.... This one sounds like it's going to be a blast....

Later Gekko777

:D

Woo Hoo...Welcome my brother...Glad you joined...So where are the FOG's? Calling all FOG's...Step up to the plate and hit a home run...

Emo