• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another Altadis Promotion

Joe

As some of you know this usually takes a month or two, but the price is right.
http://montecristoplatinumoffer.com/offerCAL.html

Montecristo Platinum Cigars

Three Cigar Trial Sampler

Only 9.95

As advertised in Wine Spectator magazine
Includes:
1 Montecristo 2005 Calendar
1 Habana #2 (52 x 6 1/8)
1 Toro (50 x 6)
1 Robusto (50 x 5)

Offer expires December 31, 2004.

Nice deal.. I jumped the last time they had the monty promo.

Think Ill pass on this one. Didn't really like them too much :(

Well, I think I'll take the little plung and pick up the three pack. The worst I can end up with is a half decent calender and three ceegars to go fishing with...... :D :thumbs: :p

For those that did order this, I recieved mine todday and you will love the calender... hope the smokes are as nice :)

Oh ya, nice deal....got the calender....WHooooohoooo.

very tastefully done. The girl on the front cover showes her front...turn it around and it's a behind shot. :D

You know I have the Backside showin' till the new year starts. :love: :p

I requested this package over a month ago... How long do these take?

Also, CF has a deal for $15.00 - get a four pack Cuesta Ray Sun Grown and a t-shirt. Never had a Cuesta Ray until I did the offer - nice little smoke! And the order only took about 3 weeks to get here.

Just my .02, for what it's worth...

- George

ggiese said:
I requested this package over a month ago... How long do these take?

Also, CF has a deal for $15.00 - get a four pack Cuesta Ray Sun Grown and a t-shirt. Never had a Cuesta Ray until I did the offer - nice little smoke! And the order only took about 3 weeks to get here.

Just my .02, for what it's worth...

- George
[snapback]149108[/snapback]​

Hey George, can you post a link please?

Thanks, John V.

Well looks like I paid $9.95 for a calender. Though its a nice calender, the cigars were very disappointing.

From the Altadis web site... "The Montecristo Platinum Series sets new standards for hand-made, luxury cigars"

NOT!

I smoked the robusto last nite. The prelight aroma was very off... the cigar had several good size veins and upon rolling it in my fingers, I felt a large vein almost like a twig. It was very losely rolled (maybe because Im used the the box pressed PAN's Ive been smoking) and my normal draw produced very little smoke.

As for flavor, it had a nice start, a bit creamy, but became very average, then unpleasant. It was then I figured out what the prelight smell was... a farm! I am a city boy, but visited a farm a couple times as a boy (35-40 years ago) and it just reminded me of those visits. I put it out half way through.

Maggs44 said:
Well looks like I paid $9.95 for a calender. Though its a nice calender, the cigars were very disappointing.

From the Altadis web site... "The Montecristo Platinum Series sets new standards for hand-made, luxury cigars"

NOT!

I smoked the robusto last nite. The prelight aroma was very off... the cigar had several good size veins and upon rolling it in my fingers, I felt a large vein almost like a twig. It was very losely rolled (maybe because Im used the the box pressed PAN's Ive been smoking) and my normal draw produced very little smoke.

As for flavor, it had a nice start, a bit creamy, but became very average, then unpleasant. It was then I figured out what the prelight smell was... a farm! I am a city boy, but visited a farm a couple times as a boy (35-40 years ago) and it just reminded me of those visits. I put it out half way through.
[snapback]149291[/snapback]​

Um, you smoked it the day after you received it? Wonder why it didn't taste good or burn well? ;) Give the other two a couple weeks in the humi before trying them and see if they are any better.

Maggs44 said:

NOT!
I'm with ya there Maggs. I prefer the H2000 or the Afrique's over these.....for less $$$ too

[/quote]

Um, you smoked it the day after you received it? Wonder why it didn't taste good or burn well? ;) Give the other two a couple weeks in the humi before trying them and see if they are any better.
[snapback]149380[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I have smoked cigars the same day I recieved them before and in most cases without any problems. I got a box of PAN's about a month ago and smoked one the very same day and it was wonderful.

I dont see how 2 weeks in the humi will improve the smell, the veins, the loose roll or the flavor one iotta. The burn may improve I admit.

I will let the other 2 sit, maybe this was an isolated bad one, but I don't expect much difference.

My edit...
Guess I have to learn how to use this new quote system, :)