• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another C-Bid Overpay

I bid on this this morning when it was worthwhile. I knew this would jump up, but it is still amazing that people will jump in and take all the sticks while overpaying. I am about to give up on cbid......again! :whistling:

Between The Lines

Less than a buck or two a stick is always a great deal. Especially when you're not paying what are normally higher tobacco tax rates in other states.

I would repsectfully disagree that "less than a buck or two is ALWAYS a good deal." While there are truly some decent deals to be had on specific items such as some of the Gurkha's (as mentioned upthread), I bought a bunch of $1.00 cigars that were pure crap! Smoked, at least I tried to smoke, two yesterday. Threw both out before the 1/2 inch mark was reached. (I wonder what the cars behind me thought when a couple of DC's were ejected from the window?) :laugh: :laugh: I bought these for the Everything is a $1.00 pass and while it was fun to pass around, they were truly bad cigars and a waste of money, so in effect they were not "a good deal".

spelling

Harris got me thinking. I've reviewed all of my transactions on cbid and compared to other sources. No big wins and at least 2 losses. I think I'd rather spend on a vendor/human that I can at least build a record with, if not a relationship.

I bid on this this morning when it was worthwhile. I knew this would jump up, but it is still amazing that people will jump in and take all the sticks while overpaying. I am about to give up on cbid......again! :whistling:

Between The Lines

Less than a buck or two a stick is always a great deal. Especially when you're not paying what are normally higher tobacco tax rates in other states.

I would repsectfully disagree that "less than a buck or two is ALSWAYS a good deal." While there are truly some decent deals to be had on specific items such as some of the Gurkha's (as mentioned upthread), I bought a bunch of $1.00 cigars that were pure crap! Smoked, at least I tried to smoke, two yesterday. Threw both out before the 1/2 inch mark was reached. (I wonder what the cars behind me thought when a couple of DC's were ejected from the window?) :laugh: :laugh: I bought these for the Everything is a $1.00 pass and while it was fun to pass around, they were truly bad cigars and a waste of money, so in effect they were not "a good deal".

No disagreement. I should have been more clear. Picking up Indian Tabac's, Gurkha's, Padrons (on occasion) and other reputable smokes for a buck or two that I can't get at all or for less than $5 - $7 from my local shop are what I consider a good deal.

I've had a couple turds, but when you know what you like and aren't married exclusively to the "popular" brands you can do well.

What gets me mad is that they are listed underboxes! Sure the title says single, but it under boxes. Stupid c-bid asshats.

HKGuns,
My posts above detail these out right lies and any reasonable person cannot justify them. The facts are indisputable.

I guess you'll just have to agree to disagree. All of your facts are largely disputed by my above posts. You are entitled to your opinion however.

I would just like to say that C-bid is trying to screw me! I just went on their site to see how I'm doing on a box of Mike Ditka Graycliffs that I'm winning at a really good price, and they've got it listed in the "Top 10 Lots" section on the main page! So I just figured out another scam of theirs. In whose opinion are these the top 10 lots? They certainly aren't the most popular, because I was only the second person to bid on them, and I've got em right now at about 50% of retail.

edit - ps. Some other guy on their is currently bidding over retail on some Avo 80's. Didn't take em long to get those on there!

Won my first lot ever on CBid last night. I won a fiver of RP Vintage 1992 Toro for $18.95 including shipping which is almost 1/2 the price I could find them for anywhere else.

ok here are some out right lies:

"each of whom are limited to only 75 cigars per day" They were speaking about how many cigars are rolled a day by a particular roller at the Fuente factory. Not correct.

I've seen the 75 cigar statement made on other sites as well. I googled the phrase and came up with several sites making that statement including a page from cigar family. There is bad information on c-bid and other sites as well. It's up to the buyer to determine the source of the information they want to trust and bid accordingly IMO.

ok here are some out right lies:

"each of whom are limited to only 75 cigars per day" They were speaking about how many cigars are rolled a day by a particular roller at the Fuente factory. Not correct.

I've seen the 75 cigar statement made on other sites as well. I googled the phrase and came up with several sites making that statement including a page from cigar family. There is bad information on c-bid and other sites as well. It's up to the buyer to determine the source of the information they want to trust and bid accordingly IMO.

Good catch Trek....... must be true then

Won my first lot ever on CBid last night. I won a fiver of RP Vintage 1992 Toro for $18.95 including shipping which is almost 1/2 the price I could find them for anywhere else.

You were obviously cheated by their lies and misinformation.

You were obviously cheated by their lies and misinformation.

HK, you seem to take this a bit to heart. I think you have been very lucky if you have not had any problems there, but these is no doubt that it is a bit odd the way things seems to happen there.

*edited to not be such a dick*