• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another company that won't do Tobacco

puffstuff

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case any of you do business with these guys. Authorize.Net, a CyberSource solution. 808 East Utah Valley Drive, American Fork, UT 84003 after helping us set up our gateway to accept Credit Cards for my site through them. I receive a letter that that's says and I quote "You agree that You will not at any time conduct Your business in any manner that directly or indirectly offers, sells, leases, licenses or displays, delivers, advertises, recommends, or promotes any product(s), service(s), data, information, image(s), text and/or any content which: is unlawful or violates any applicable local, state, federal, national or international law, statute, ordinance, or regulation including, without limitation, Credit Card Association rules, consumer protection law, Internet tobacco sales"
So they set us up and two weeks later tell us we can't sell tobacco and they will be shutting us down in two weeks. WTF, I am so sick of this shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is really too bad Alan. Just after you and John go through all the headache...I'll bet we can find a brother on here who can set you onto someone. Won't make it right, but at least you can put it behind you.

See ya soon,

Matthew

Show it to your lawyer and sue them for non-disclosure....or some such thingy! (at least get your money back on the set up)

That info should have been up front....at the least they should have notified you that changes may occur 'shortly'!

If internet tobacco sales are prohibited by their policy, why would they even bother to set you up as an account... other than potentially grabbing some cash for the set up. It's not like you just recently decided to sell tobacco products.

I'm no lawyer, but its hard to see how a contract could be valid if there is something ancillary to the contract (required by the writer of the contract) that prevents the contract from being fulfilled.

puffnstuff your name makes me think... Vacuum cleaner...

Al, I use authorize.net and it does have it's good points, but it isn't anything special. I also use PC Charge Pro. You might want to look into it as well. I don't know their tobacco policy, but we use them with relative ease both with our card readers and our internet orders.

I wish I knew how to hack stuff, I'd love to put fake cuban cigar websites on their desktops every morning just to piss them off too.

I work for and ISP, we don't offer any e-commerce sort of packages, but I talked to one of the guys here and they said you should try godaddy. Let me know if that doesn't help and I'll see if they have any other ideas.

Talked to another guy at work here about it and he suggested Network Solutions.