• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another custom humidor from ammunition box

ammodors

Just finished another custom humidor build. This time with a vintage US military surplus 81mm mortar shell wooden ammo box dated 1971.

Let me know what you guys think!

g6ADvJv.jpg

zWnpycH.jpg

MGb1mK1.jpg

View more pics here.

Nice work! How well does it seal around the top? Does it hold a steady humidity?

BTW: Acid cigars in with regular cigars...no bueno. :eek:

Seals good. As well or better then a typical wooden humidor. I cut and mounted the piece of cedar that in attached to the lid so that it fits down into the lower pieces of wood and forms a tight natural joint.

Na man I love my Acids. I've got no problem commingling. :p

Seals good. As well or better then a typical wooden humidor. I cut and mounted the piece of cedar that in attached to the lid so that it fits down into the lower pieces of wood and forms a tight natural joint.

Na man I love my Acids. I've got no problem commingling. :p

That's cool, someone's gotta smoke em. But yeah typically its recommended that infused smokes be kept in a separate humidor/container. Reason being is that the infusion could contaminate other smokes of your humidor permenantly.

That's pretty awesome! I would love to make my own, but I can't find a cheap source for the cedar. I'm in the crazy state of CA, everything is too expensive here!

Thanks ammodors, that's a nice offer! I'm still deciding how I'm going to expand my two desktop humi's, have not made a decision. I'm leaning toward making a wineador. Might be lazy and buy the drawers and shelves from Forrest Idaho.