• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another Ice Chest to Humidor Conversion

Looks great so far. I can't wait to see it when its all finished.

That looks great and I am sure it will have a fine, vintage look when you are done.

I thought about doing something like this to have a very nice piece of furniture that was also functional in more ways than one. Now I'll have a couple examples to work off of when I get back stateside...

Looks good but you could have built one from scratch with all the effort you are putting into this.

Looks good but you could have built one from scratch with all the effort you are putting into this.

Ah, There's one :rolleyes: in every crowd isn't there? :sign:

Yeah, sure I could have built one from scratch AVB but would it be an antique cabinet still?
Most of the furniture in my house is old. I own and recondition Victrolas so this fits right in with the decor. Plus unless you have someone like arliss build your cabinet most are crap.

Looks good hope you keep posting the progress cause I would like to do something like this also. And I am to dumb to do it on my own. :D

Looks great Mark. Are you going to build a hidden pull out tray, where the trip-tray was?

icechestdone2.jpg

hydra1.jpg

hydra2.jpg
traycedar2.jpg

Done, Will update the pdf soon. What a job!

markwithhumi.jpg

That's beautiful! Great job. I love the circ fans - will you have them on a timer?

That's beautiful! Great job. I love the circ fans - will you have them on a timer?
If you look at my edited post you will see the Hydra humidifier unit. It has a post for external fans that run when the hydra is on. So they are on an internal timer. I used computer fans I had kicking around and made a wire loom linking them together. I'm also going to place beads inside the cabinet to regulate excess humidity and serve as a backup in case of power or hydra failure.