• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another Man Cave

That looks fantastic, Gary!

What is he doing for heat/AC?

Wow...

Rob
There's a heat pump Rob...the unit is mounted high on one wall...above that mirror thing! It's got a remote and has louvers that move up and down automatically to help dissipate the smoke up to the ceiling and out the fan vents...sweet setup.

How does the heat pump work? Is it simply mounted on the wall or does it require plumbing/ducting?

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :cool: Mancave rocks..

Absolutely Love the concept of a seperate building for the man cave. It serves two functions. First, makes the wife think twice about is it worth going all the way to the edge of the property line to get you to do some 5 second thing. Second, keeps all smoke smell in an area for those who like it without impacting those who don't at all.

I told my wife about being interested in this by the way and she laughed in my face :angry:

Nice work. :thumbs: I've got an old Garage that we are hoping to be replacing here in the next year or so. My plan is once the new garage is up we'll convert the old one into what my wife is calling "the guest house". What she doesn't know is that I'll be the primary guest using said house. I'm hoping to have a very similar setup to your buddies (a place to go and watch the game and grab a beer).

That looks fantastic, Gary!

What is he doing for heat/AC?

Wow...

Rob
There's a heat pump Rob...the unit is mounted high on one wall...above that mirror thing! It's got a remote and has louvers that move up and down automatically to help dissipate the smoke up to the ceiling and out the fan vents...sweet setup.

How does the heat pump work? Is it simply mounted on the wall or does it require plumbing/ducting?
The condensing unit is outside and looks like a small, thin version that we all have for central AC in our houses. The lines to the wall unit were an insulated pipe that feeds the heat/AC unit and an electrical communication wire between the two. The power is connected to the head unit. It was so easy to install I can't begin to tell you....and only cost about 1K. To bring it up to temp very quickly, I brought over a propane radiant heater that connects to a 40lb tank that we use for the BBQ grill....once the place is nice and toasty, we turn that off and run with the wall unit alone. The AC unit works great in the Summer.

We really researched all the components we installed before we stuck a shovel in the ground and after a year later, we wouldn't change one thing.

The condensing unit is outside and looks like a small, thin version that we all have for central AC in our houses. The lines to the wall unit were an insulated pipe that feeds the heat/AC unit and an electrical communication wire between the two. The power is connected to the head unit. It was so easy to install I can't begin to tell you....and only cost about 1K. To bring it up to temp very quickly, I brought over a propane radiant heater that connects to a 40lb tank that we use for the BBQ grill....once the place is nice and toasty, we turn that off and run with the wall unit alone. The AC unit works great in the Summer.

We really researched all the components we installed before we stuck a shovel in the ground and after a year later, we wouldn't change one thing.

Cool, thanks Gary. Any chance you could PM me the model and where you purchased it? I might want to look at something like that for my room.